Jayanthonyr

Mar 12, 2013
Nassau County Long Island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin master
whites bullseye II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a small sidewalk tearout by the water this morning. Got a couple of wheaties and then an 82 on the at pro and out comes the mercury dime. Got very upset to see i put 2 pretty bad nics on the edge of the coin. Came home cleaned it up and reveled the date and great detail and the S mint mark.(now Im pissed) If not for my digging mistake. I may have had a couple hundred dollars coming my way.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131117_185834.png
    ForumRunner_20131117_185834.png
    104 KB · Views: 97
  • ForumRunner_20131117_185859.png
    ForumRunner_20131117_185859.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 4
Don't worry it's a common date. It's worth $2.50 max, ding or no ding...1918-P Mercury dime is my oldest coin found and I love it, even if it's only worth a couple of bucks.

Enjoy It :)

Don't worry it's a common date. It's worth $2.50 max, ding or no ding...1918-P Mercury dime is my oldest coin found and I love it, even if it's only worth a couple of bucks.

Enjoy It :)

Ill absolutely enjoy it. Any silver i find i enjoy. Is it that common? Ive seen them go on ebay in really good condition for A few hundred bucks. And also coin trackers has it listed in top 30 most valuable dimes. I could be wrong Im not that knowledgeable about prices.

Pick up a current edition of 'A Guide Book of United States Coins' better known as the 'Red Book'...great little book to have around...quick source of info on all US coins...=Jayanthonyr;3698046]Ill absolutely enjoy it. Any silver i find i enjoy. Is it that common? Ive seen them go on ebay in really good condition for A few hundred bucks. And also coin trackers has it listed in top 30 most valuable dimes. I could be wrong Im not that knowledgeable about prices.[/QUOTE]

A 1918 S appears to be a common date. The ones on Ebay could have been in BU condition and the sellers were also inflating the price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back