1915 school field gives up a heavy ring

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Had to work on my car and do the yardwork today so no early hunt. After finishing my so-called chores I hit a close by school that was built in 1915. It's been hammered by me and many others over the years. Once I got there I saw yet again some uncut grass. Limited for time (leaving shortly for a week of training in Connecticut) I figured I would pick up some clad. Running high disc just dig to coins. I get a weird but repeatable signal and around 7" down I see a glimmer of silver. It turned out to be the ring with a greenish blueish stone in it with gold inlays on each side. It's marked 14K inlaid. Also a 1932 wheatie and some clad. Total hunt around an hour and 15 minutes. I weighed the ring on my digital scale I use for ebay and comes up 15 grams. Gonna go back once the grass is cut. Good luck out there.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 916.jpg
    916.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 853
  • 9161.jpg
    9161.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 841
  • 9162.jpg
    9162.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 835
Upvote 0
Mike, it kind of looks like something Batman would wear. But it is a nice find. HH

Desertfox

Sweet ring! way to go on all rthe great finds. I really like the bent up one the most.

Congratulations you certainly were not joking, that is certainly one huge looking honkin ring. Looks like one of the coins took a hard beatin eh?

Great find.

Rev

Man, that's a nice ring...looks like something that would knock your eyeballs out. ;D

;) RR

Sweet ring, does it fit?
WTG on the coins and wheat too.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back