Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by my local grocery store where the service counter clerk checks for rejected coins from the self check out machines... apparently there's a metal bin inside the checkout machines....which is brought to the service counter and disposed of...anyway... there's usually wheat backs and Canadian coins in it...I imagine any silver is kept by the clerks...but I have asked to have anything 1964 and earlier...anyway, tonight I did Garner a 1909 WB in pretty good shape...sadly, no S mint. :)

But I can't complain...

Thanks for viewing!

Attachments

• IMG_20240224_190419603~2.jpg
    IMG_20240224_190419603~2.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20240224_190450382.jpg
    IMG_20240224_190450382.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 13
I stopped by my local grocery store where the service counter clerk checks for rejected coins from the self check out machines... apparently there's a metal bin inside the checkout machines....which is brought to the service counter and disposed of...anyway... there's usually wheat backs and Canadian coins in it...I imagine any silver is kept by the clerks...but I have asked to have anything 1964 and earlier...anyway, tonight I did Garner a 1909 WB in pretty good shape...sadly, no S mint. :)

But I can't complain...

Thanks for viewing!
Congrats CS! I’d take that all day!! 👍

Congrats CS! I’d take that all day!! 👍
It's a nice arrangement I have but I try to keep it low key...as the clerk goes in back to sort through the bin (they put the bin in the back office)...I stand away from the counter looking at the flowers nearby... I've learned not to draw attention to myself.... they used to bring the bin to the counter but customers would flock to where I was...

VERY NICE FIND :) So you see they are still out there :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back