1905 Lewis & Clark Token

Idaho PRB

May 21, 2005
South Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Ace 250
1905 Lewis & Clark Token

I was detecting in my yard tonight and found a 1905 Lewis and Clark Centennial souvenir token. It is about the size of a silver dollar and appears to be made of copper. On one side it has a picture of Lewis, Clark and Sack uh juh weeah looking at the pacific ocean and reads "Official Souvenir Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition June-October 1905. The other side is kinda crusty and appears to have a map the date 1905 and some more writing around the perimeter.This is my coolest find yet. Anyone know anything about these things?
Idaho PRB

Attachments

• Lewis & Clark.JPG
    Lewis & Clark.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,268
Upvote 0
Re: 1905 Lewis & Clark Token

Nice find! HH, Mike

WoW ! After looking at the links provded by Stoney. ( love his research) I think you have a very nice collectable and it has some value monetrily as well. I would gladly add that to my collection and be very proud to own it. Nice hunting PRB and Look forward to more. HH

Nice token!

HH

Lonewolfe

Congrats PRB ! Looks like a great collectable ! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. H H !

Huntin' 59er

Congrats PRB! Was glad to put my 2 cents in, although the research part is easy. Just remember that you did the hard part. HH and keep 'em comin'.

;)
Thanks everyone for your support and information. Say, does anyone have the book that tells what this thing might be worth? Just curious. I will always keep it as it is my first really good find and pass it on to my Daughter someday.

Got the "So-Called Dollar" cleaned up. Looks like it is one of the gold plated ones. Thought you may want to see how it looks.

Attachments

• L&C 2 Post #1.JPG
    L&C 2 Post #1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 366
  • L&C 2 Post #2.JPG
    L&C 2 Post #2.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 380

Thats a great find prb !! WTG!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back