• IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 57
Nice pocket find.:headbang:

Upvote 0
In the same pocket was a baggie full of quartz crystal, fairystones {staurolite}, magnetite crystals, and part of a bear claw and hair from a big black bear that I chased off the deck the night before. I give rocks to kids and the bear stuff was to show off to family members. This was our fifth bear visit on the deck in the last month. He was the biggest yet. I hit him in the butt with the screen door when I opened it and he backed into the corner about 8 ft. away. I came out yelling at him and he jumped up on the rail and tried to climb down backwards. His big problem was he was 12 ft from the ground with nothing to grab onto with his back feet but a sheet of plastic. He was hanging on by his front feet with his head up over the rail trying to figure out whether I was scarier than the drop. I was four feet in front of himIMG_2041.JPG yelling at him to get off my porch and he decided the drop was less scary. I was very tempted to slap him {something Iv'e always wanted to do}but sanity returned. What GREAT Night!IMG_2039.JPGIMG_2038.JPGPictures show the corner he fell from. one of his front paw marks in the plastic and the broke piece of claw and hair he left behind.

Upvote 0
Nice ring find. That peg used to have a pearl glued on it. Insane bear story! From the looks of those bear claw holes, it was a good sized one. Facing down a black bear empty handed, you should at least get an honorable mention.

Early seventies, we lived in the hills of North Idaho. My dad got home late, and was walking up the driveway in the dark. He felt our dingo mix dog run up to him, so he leaned down and scratched it behind the ears. He came in the house, and saw our dog lying by the stove. What the?! He grabbed a flashlight, and looked outside to see a yearling bear snooping around.

Upvote 0
Yeah I wouldn't slap. The dumb flight might turn to fight and wouldn't end good.

Upvote 0
You're lucky, all I ever find in my pockets are lint, and what I don't understand is how does it move there from my bellybutton?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back