Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a bunch of titles for this, such as.."DIGGING DOWNTOWN DENVER, DETECTORIST DELVING DEEP, DIGS DOGGIE. DELIGHTED!"
Settled for just the facts. Found this at a location that's been hit numerous times. Only reason it may have been ignored was that it read as a bottle cap. Lots of 40's in the ghetto. Total for the day was this and a scarred 1917-D Merc. My oldest intact dog tag, the other pre-1900 has part of the end piece broken off.
Carl

Attachments

• 1891 Dog Tag #2.jpg
    1891 Dog Tag #2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 731
Upvote 0
Thats the oldest dog tag I believe I have ever seen. really cool! :headbang:

That's one beautiful tag CurbdiggerCarl57 :o
Love the condition too :icon_thumright:

Nice find. It's amazing what you can find when you dig pull tab or bottle cap readings.

That is the oldest dog tag I have seen to date! Cool

That is better than a common barber dime or seated. Thanks for showing don't see to many 1800's dogie licence tags. :thumbsup:

Ok...that's pretty darn cool! If you are going to find a dog tag that is definitely the one!

yeah that one's an oldie Carl!!! May be worth some good money :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks all. Went back to the area and dug one of the ugliest V-Nickels ever.
Real shame, it appears to be an 1886, with a bad case of smallpox.
Carl

Attachments

• 1886.jpg
    1886.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 452
That dog tag is awsome. Probably the best looking one I have seen. :thumbsup:

WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow!!! That's the oldest Dog Tax tag that I've ever seen! SO COOL!!!!

:o :o Never knew they had dog tags back then . Wonder if it is oldest one I ever on TN :icon_scratch: Very K 8) 8) L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back