1873 Indian, silver, the murder weapon and Holy Wedlock

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
After a busy morning of baseball field maintenance and watching work progress on our addition, I announced to the guys, "I'm having silver withdrawal so I'm going across the street." I've been doing a neighbor's yard, and silver pops out most days. Sure enough, second signal (after an initial Memorial penny) was this 1950D Rosey. I noticed a lumber truck pull up, so I hustled across the street to help unload. I left instructions with Miss halfdime to find some good signals and mark them with a stick. After about an hour of lumber movement, I returned to find little sticks sticking out of the ground. Gotta love her diligence! ;D One of the sticks marked a deep "iffy" signal, and I thought it might be an Indian. Sure enough, it was, and on closer inspection it turned out to be this 1873. I'm trying to fill Indian albums for both kids and I might have one of those, but I know I don't have two. At least one hole gets filled :wink:. A little while later, an 1882 Indian arrived; I'll have to check on that one. Two strong signals near the end of our time yielded (first) this Derringer and then a pair of locks in eternal embrace! Not the half dollar signal the XLT indicated, but a worthy find nonetheless. Not bad for a few minutes break from my busy workday ::).

Attachments

• wedlock 001 (Small).jpg
    wedlock 001 (Small).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 599
  • wedlock 002 (Small).jpg
    wedlock 002 (Small).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 612
  • wedlock 003 (Small).jpg
    wedlock 003 (Small).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 599
  • wedlock 004 (Small).jpg
    wedlock 004 (Small).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 600
  • wedlock 005 (Small).jpg
    wedlock 005 (Small).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 587
Upvote 0
Did you notice that the Derringer was "Made in England" seems strange to me! :icon_thumright:

Chocadog said:
Did you notice that the Derringer was "Made in England" seems strange to me! :icon_thumright:
So were Matchbox cars, at least back in the day. Yes, I noticed.

The gun used to have white plastic handles. I had one of those as a kid, and don't ask how old it is :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back