Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1860's Soda.

One of my best finds of the year. DSC00342.JPGDSC00343.JPGDSC00345.JPGDSC00350.JPG

Upvote 16
Man, that is an awesome bottle find. Love the blue. :notworthy:

I posted this on ABN in June when I found it. Same Pics.

Text book case of what to look for....

That Is A Beautiful Bottle.

That's a seriously beautiful bottle. KILLER find there!

Man, that Blob Top is off the charts. One of the most beautiful bottles I have seen and I have been bottle hunting for over 20 years. Be proud my friend and display it well. Congrats
ZDD

Very nice Vintage Glass.

Nice, and I thought my 1940s Pepsi bottle was sexy rofl! :notworthy:

Nice. Where'd it come from?

Beautiful blue color, cool bottle! Nice!

I did in fact buy this soda but I do know some of the back story. The fellow who originally found it worked for a construction company or for what ever reason was at a lot of construction sites and would pick them up in the city. Supposedly he was collecting bottles at Chicago constructions sites as far back as the 1950's. His collection was very high caliber! The gentlemen has since past and I was very lucky to have the chance to buy this bottle. Another interesting thing about it is that it is a "C" Lomax not the G Lomax bottle collectors know of. There never was a C Lomax bottling soda in Chicago in the 1860's, there was a G Lomax. Must of been some error in the slug plate mold. Or a confused mold maker,, as someone once told me. The embossing is very heavy. I also believe that the top, blob or lip has been repaired. And yes it has been tumbled, no way do the come out of the ground looking like that!

I have seen some come out like that, but it's very rare. The man must have had a KILLER collection. He basically beat the "rush" before collecting became really popular. That's a cool one to have.

Nice squat soda bottle,nice cornflower blue color!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back