1860s SCHOOL HOUSE,LC, Ring, 1934 dog tag. **VIDEO**

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did this two weeks ago, I went back to the spot were i got my first two large cents and asked the owners if i could do another round. i first got a 1920 wheat, a minute later a cuff button than 2 minutes later a brass gold plated "i think" childs diamond ring, a while later i dug a 1934 Verulam dog tag (dog#21)( the owners of the property found a 1936 bell shaped one in there garden) than i got my third large cent a 1900 no H the rare variety for that year but it looks like it got a bit squashed maybe by a train. overall one of my best and most productive hunts and can't quite choose my favorite find for the hunt.

Attachments

• MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 043.JPG
    MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 043.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 617
  • MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 044.JPG
    MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 044.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 614
  • MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 043.JPG
    MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 043.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 595
  • MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 045.JPG
    MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 045.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 586
  • MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 046.JPG
    MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 046.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 598
  • MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 047.JPG
    MD 3rd LC, FIRST RING 047.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 607
Upvote 0
Congrats on the great finds today TP! :notworthy:

Love the look of the child's ring and the old dogtag! :thumbsup:

I dug a 2010 Rabies Vaccination Tag yesterday, it's almost as nice as your 1934! :laughing7:

Dave

ANTIQUARIAN said:

I dug a 2010 Rabies Vaccination Tag yesterday, it's almost as nice as your 1934! :laughing7:

Dave
i would like to see that 1910 tag if you post it

treasurepirate1 said:
ANTIQUARIAN said:

Dave

I dug a 2010 Rabies Vaccination Tag yesterday! :icon_scratch:

Congrats on your 3rd LC.

I think cufflink best find, coins are common as far as finds go, cufflinks, not so much.

I'd head off towards that barn, and see what pops up.

ANTIQUARIAN said:
treasurepirate1 said:
ANTIQUARIAN said:

Dave

I dug a 2010 Rabies Vaccination Tag yesterday! :icon_scratch:
woops i read that one really wrong :tongue3:, i read another article about a 1910 time capsule not long before typing that, so the date "1910" was stuck in my head. silly me i'm making a fool of myself :laughing9:

Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Congrats on your 3rd LC.

I think cufflink best find, coins are common as far as finds go, cufflinks, not so much.

you'll be sad to hear this because i tryed gently prying the button shank back into shape but i forgot that when brass oxidizes it gets very brittle so the small shank peice snapped right off :BangHead: but either than that it is in great shape, that was a bad way to learn not to mess with my finds

treasurepirate1 said:
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Congrats on your 3rd LC.

you'll be sad to hear this because I tryed gently prying the button shank back into shape but i forgot that when brass oxidizes it gets very brittle so the small shank peice snapped right off :BangHead: but either than that it is in great shape, that was a bad way to learn not to mess with my finds

Don't beat yourself up over this too much buddy! :wink: I think we've all learned this lesson at some point in time with a relic we've recovered and have thought, "how much better something would look if only it was straight!" I my case it's usually, "how much better would this look if it was polished?"

Let me sum this up in three simple words, when it comes to restoration . . . "more is less" or in my case "keep the darn object away from that polished / grinder!" :laughing7: Also, very important, never attempt any restoration of a relic after you've had one too many beers! :laughing9: Words to live by! :thumbsup:

Dave

Hey T.P. those are some killer finds... :headbang:

Love the old dogtag :icon_thumleft:

Keep those kids away from the finds :laughing7:

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back