1857 Flying Eagle Cent

G

Gold Digg3r

I found this coin 0.0 :o on the suface on bare ground, i think the reason is is that my dad dug it up and missed it, i didt use a detector i was jus walking around and i looked down ::) and saw somthing circular i picked it up and i thought it was a clad but whan i washed it off and i freaked out when i saw the date 1857!! 8) this is my favorite coin cauase its the oldest i have :) well i hope u like it, cause i do, HH GoldD :)

Upvote 0
Terrific find! Did it just pop out of a hole dug for some other purpose, or was someone using a detector?

Yes my dad was using his trusty whites XLT :) he hasent bought any others for 4 yearrs

hey that's a great find! WTG!

The first Indian head I ever found was lying on the top of the surface. I was metal detecting an old school house site where they had bulldozed to build houses. Obviously the activity had unearthed my IH. I couldn't see it until my coil sounded off and looked closely at the dirt beneath my coil. There it was sitting right on top of the soil. Ya just never know!

But you found a good one!

Very Nice!
My first IH was also on the surface, in a yard that had been recently filled...
Funny huh?

Thx for all the pros not cons, i also found an abindance of wheaties, sheild nickel. berber qaurter, is that how u spell that? umm lets see, the pocket watch, around 4 IH, eagle cent, alot of other non-coins, alot of artifacts, like an old toy badge, ford token, alot of clad, very old ruby ring, 18k gold ring with 2 dimonds and some intials, alot more but not right now, tell me if u want me to post any of those, again ty for all the responses! HH GoldD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back