1855 Napoleon III 10 Centimes

PA Sleuth

Nov 26, 2014
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to get out ahead of the looming blizzard. Waited til the afternoon to hunt a permission house. Only the areas in the sun were able to be dug, the shaded areas were frozen solid. Dug a war nickel, a buffalo nickel, a cuff link, and an 1855 Napoleon III dix centimes. Does this count as a copper?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453420376.476660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453420396.617056.jpg

Upvote 14
Very nice finds congrats, I think it counts as a copper, it would if we didn't know what it was

Nice digs ! Glad to see someone is still getting out :icon_thumleft:

Nice cold hunt Slueth!!
But no it don't count as a copper. It's made of bronze. Lol

Nice finds yeah it's just nice to get out this time of yr. Even if it's just for a little bit. That cabin fever sets in quick

Great finds. They come out in great shape a lot of the time it seems. To bad mine was wore down from use on one side. Yours is nice! [emoji106]

Nice cold hunt Slueth!!

I never looked what they were made of when I found one. So that could be why they hold up so well most of the time! [emoji2]

Very awesome finds... Glad someone is out and about finding things ! Tooo doggone cold for my bones to be out there digging.

Congrats on digging those keepers. I enjoy digging old foreign coins, but don't we all. Thanks for posting your finds, It's the closest to MDing that I can do in Ohio. Might get to spend a few hours in the woods this weekend. :dontknow:

Nice cold hunt Slueth!!

It was round, green, larger than a modern quarter, and pre civil war, I would have put my money on copper. But you are right, it is bronze

Great finds. They come out in great shape a lot of the time it seems. To bad mine was wore down from use on one side. Yours is nice! [emoji106]

I was thoroughly confused when I pulled it out, I saw the eagle on the back, but knew it was not a US mint coin, I figured it was a token, until I saw the goatee on the front, and the word emperor

Very awesome finds... Glad someone is out and about finding things ! Tooo doggone cold for my bones to be out there digging.

Thanks, I nearly bent my digging tool the ground was so hard.

Cool old bronze coin! Don't see that every day, I'd be more than happy with that. Nice job

Thanks, I nearly bent my digging tool the ground was so hard.

Both my handheld digger and my lesche shovel have bends thanks to frozen ground lol. I have a couple English pre-decimal pennies that look bronze and they come out of the ground in incredible shape. Congrats on your finds. Looks like you may get hammered this weekend, so good thinking getting out now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back