1854 homesite finds

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I can't believe all these pennies were in there. I found 17 pennies, all stinkin lincolns, and one 1946 silver dime. That was it for the coins. I think I will go back with a bigger coil, didn't seem too trashy. I also got a complete harmonica reed, a watch part, some copper disc that says something about manufacturing that is falling apart, a dog tag that says Goliath and a phone number, and a neat tag...bigger image below. I think it may be worth something if I could clean it up better.

18541.jpg

Here is the tag. It is a 1918 registered Missouri Chauffer tag. Sheesh, cars couldn't have been that common to need a chauffer tag in 1918 I wouldn't think. I needs some major love. If anyone has any suggestions on cleaning what I think is aluminum, let me know. Hot peroxide got it this far, but it has a long way to go.

18542.jpg

Upvote 0
Very cool. Love that tag!
Congrats,
MM

Great finds I bet theres more there.I finished one site and went back.
Got 2 more silvers.WTG on the silver.Love that tag.HH Wolfbite

Hey Warsawdaddy, when are we going to get together and do some dirt fishing ? You aren't that far from me in Warrenton. I don't believe I even got to meet you at JD's hunt last fall.

Great finds, Grib! Yep, you and Warsaw need to get together for some dirt fishing. How in the world did you not meet WSD at the hunt? Oh, I remember now, he was constantly surrounded by all the gals. ;D

;) RR

I would pound that spot. Gotta be more goodies

Yeah..we all had WSDaddy purdy busy those couple a days! ;D

Hey Grib! Looks like you had a good day huntin! Congrats!

Nana :)

I don't know if much else can be done on that tag, but it is still pretty cool. You don't dig complete harmonica reeds everyday either, nice relics. Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back