1850's and Later Central Virginia Finds!

Lizzaslizza

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2017
Earlysville Virginia
Detector(s) used
tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0781.JPGFinally got that new metal detector!

House site dated mid 1850's 1930's.

Just of few of the treasures unearthed![

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Upvote 17
Nice finds. Love those heart shaped toe taps (whatever you call them) Nice bottles too! Congrats

Nice finds. Love those heart shaped toe taps (whatever you call them) Nice bottles too! Congrats

Heel plate

Nice assortment of finds. What does the blue cobalt embossing say on the lower portion?

Congratulations on all your finds. Great condition on them. But I imagine that you have quite a bit of items besides the ones shown. Nice heel plate.

Heel plate

Nice assortment of finds. What does the blue cobalt embossing say on the lower portion?

Thank you! It says "patent pending for". It looks like the patent was officially set up in 1902, and all bottles there after were dated with that, so for my research that indicates this one was from the original 1898 release! I Take it all with a grain though, and would love to hear anything anyone else may know!

Nice finds ! Your McCormack & Co. blue bottle was for killing bees, cool find :icon_thumleft:

Thank you! It says "patent pending for". It looks like the patent was officially set up in 1902, and all bottles there after were dated with that, so for my research that indicates this one was from the original 1898 release! I Take it all with a grain though, and would love to hear anything anyone else may know!

Your bottle is nice and dating the glass is fairly easy by looking at the seam and how far up the bottle it runs, shoulder, half way up the neck, to the lip, or over the lip of the bottle. The last example would make it machine made if the seam runs over the lip. Then there is the actual company mark on the bottom of the bottle that would help date it then. Here's a link that would help you along and it's interesting reading.
https://sha.org/bottle/dating.htm

Nice finds ! Your McCormack & Co. blue bottle was for killing bees, cool find :icon_thumleft:

Interesting. My research uncovered that it was a liquid opium, specifically Laudanum. Again, I take it all with a grain of salt, it's a cool bottle regardless!

Congrats on all your finds. That house has a lot more buried there. I look forward to seeing what else it gives up.

That is a bee in the embossing untitled  bee.png---:icon_thumright:

Great finds! Love the cobalt blue bottle, and i'm assuming that other item is a very old whistle?

Congrats and HH

Your bottle dates from turn of last century . My first guess is that given the color and shape it is a poison bottle. Neat find.

Nice looking site ya have!!! love the bottles!!!:icon_thumleft:

very sweet finds, I was wondering if the one is a whistle too

Wow ! Very nice - can you put up a close pic of the eagle button , looks to have full gold wash intact ! I really like the heel plate,and the bottle too .

1850s Later central virginia

Im really interested in the token in this picture
View attachment 1467232

My read is " Cuba Must Defend". Would like to see more pics front and back please. Is it dated?

Great finds and a nice variety Congrats!!

really like the heel plate! I found one but it is not intact like yours. I wonder how old it is?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back