1850/60s California hotel sight. Silver plated, feminine

Bedrock Bryan

Mar 14, 2015
Oregon and Central to Northern CA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab X-Terra 70, Minelab GP3500, Goldbug 2, Deus...high frequency and stock coils, Equinox 800, and Minelab Gold Monster 1000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This relic was found in a nail bed in a known sight. Square nails by the barrel. This relic may be something used in a females hair?
It is 1.48" wide, long tip to top is 1.45" and short tip to top is 1.00". Could be nickel plated? It is thin metal but fairly strong. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429714311.800873.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429714330.725838.jpg

I don't know but my guess is that looks more like a slide cover for maby a match or snuff box or the likes, one that operates like an old automotive Buss fuses come/came in.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the input, I'll wait awhile longer before I mark solved, all your ideas are good possibilities. Question, are there any catalogs online that are copies of the old style catalogs like Sears, Wards etc. I can down load, this may help identify everyday things people bought in the 19th century.

Upvote 0
Thank you ANT, this is a start, I'll have to do some research. I would like to fined some early reproduction or downloadable catalogs to peruse. Time period 1840 to 1920 would be nice for the Western U.S., I hunt mostly in Oregon and California.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back