1830 US Capped Bust Dime (holed), Half Dime silver worn smooth, Two Thimbles, Two Buttons

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a double finds day. Too bad the dime is in bad shape. Still holds sentimental value being from the first US Mint with a mintage of only 510,000. The other silver was nearby and is in the smaller half dime or Spanish Half Real size. This homestead site was first settled circa 1750 and is still rural today. Really shows the scarcity of small coinage. I love the performance of the Manticore. I was running factory settings in general mode with the sens bumped up to 28 where I like it. The silver was in the 8" to 10" range depth. The signal was a bit bouncy and the numbers unable to settle down, but the low volume audio tone was that nice high pitch. Double silver days are rare nonetheless. I like seeing the early thimbles. A sure sign of homestead activity and it reminds me that people made a lot of their own clothing. Often selling or trading clothing for other necessities.

If it is not raining tomorrow I an going back for more.

Attachments

• db3.jpg
    db3.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 56
  • db1.jpg
    db1.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 42
  • db2.jpg
    db2.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 25
Absolutely awesome day! Congratulations on great discoveries!

Very nice outing, well dug on the doubles.

EASTENDER You did REAL GOOD :)

It was a double finds day. Too bad the dime is in bad shape. Still holds sentimental value being from the first US Mint with a mintage of only 510,000. The other silver was nearby and is in the smaller half dime or Spanish Half Real size. This homestead site was first settled circa 1750 and is still rural today. Really shows the scarcity of small coinage. I love the performance of the Manticore. I was running factory settings in general mode with the sens bumped up to 28 where I like it. The silver was in the 8" to 10" range depth. The signal was a bit bouncy and the numbers unable to settle down, but the low volume audio tone was that nice high pitch. Double silver days are rare nonetheless. I like seeing the early thimbles. A sure sign of homestead activity and it reminds me that people made a lot of their own clothing. Often selling or trading clothing for other necessities.

If it is not raining tomorrow I a going back for more.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back