1825 Large Cent + Chinese (Calling Buckleboy or other IDer)

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
1825 Large Cent + Chinese (Calling Buckleboy or other ID'er)

Here's photo of the large cent I found late in the day Sunday, after Earthworks (King of Photography) left with his large cent and other finds. I met up with him at the diner today, handed it over, and received this photo back tonight. I've also included link to the original post. Also, this Chinese coin I found a while back at a Rev. War era site, but presumed it was newer, then I saw Buckleboy identify a very old Chinese coin, so I decided to post this and see if anyone knows how old it is?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,115192.0.html

Attachments

• large1825.jpg
    large1825.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 386
  • chin002.jpg
    chin002.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 376
  • chin003.jpg
    chin003.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0
Re: 1825 Large Cent + Chinese (Calling Buckleboy or other ID'er)

Nice largie there Bergie. The Chinese cash coin is cool too. I found one of those also. A nice one to add to the collection...but not worth too much from what I understand. Keep up the good work and thanks for the photo Earthworks.

Here's two I found...
chching7.jpg
chis1463.jpg

and here's yours:
index.php

Very tough to tell... some of the "letters" are not exact and could mean something totally different...
Cool find though :)

Emperor KAO TSUNG
AD 1736-1795
reign title: CH'IEN-LUNG, AD 1736-1795

Joe G -- that sure looks the same to me...Could it be from the Kung Pao Shrimp Dynasty (with Garlic Sauce?)...seriously, thanks for the ID. That would make sense, since I found it at a 1700s homestead.

Hey!!!! I got one of those Chinese coins!!! :D

100_9681.jpg

100_9680.jpg

Don't think I'll ever have one of the large cents though. :'( :D

Congratulations on those awesome finds, Bergie!!!

Nana, yes, that is the same!

Joe G said:
Here's two I found...
chching7.jpg
chis1463.jpg

and here's yours:
index.php

Very tough to tell...  some of the "letters" are not exact and could mean something totally different...
Cool find though :)

Emperor KAO TSUNG
AD 1736-1795
reign title: CH'IEN-LUNG, AD 1736-1795

This is the correct ID for both the coin at the top as well as Nana's coin.  The mint for both of these Chinese coins is the Yunnan mint. (Mint markings are on the reverse of the coins.)  These are both 1700's coins!  Congrats!

Buckleboy

Very nice finds Bergie. Never found a chinese coin. Probably a little tough to around here.

silverfreak said:
Very nice finds Bergie. Never found a chinese coin. Probably a little tough to around here.
Strangely enough, thet seem to turn up more often than you would think. I hear they are found alot in mining camps and other such areas. Be careful though. When i found mine it came out of the ground pretty dirty and I almost put it in the junk pouch thinking it was a washer. I found mine at an older homesite that dates back to the mid 1800's. Sorry if I took over your thread here Bergie but these Chinese cash coins are really interesting.

wow bergie, that Chinese coin is an unusual find to make in New York! i wonder how it came to be where it was. i know out west guys find these a lot because chinese workers used to work building railroads and mining gold. theres not an old mine or railroad in the area is there? very cool find!

Nice LC Bergie!!!

The Cash coin's pretty interesting too. I've never found one in my neck of the woods.

WTG!

HH,
SgtSki

Great finds Bergie! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back