1803 large sticking out of the ground, a Connecticut copper, and buttons

GKman

Mar 15, 2011
Dutchess County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got up early and went out to the 1793 field. It was a fun morning! I've only found one other large cent on the surface and finding a state copper is always nice.

Here is a video of finding the coin on the surface
1803 Large Cent Surface Find:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Upvote 10
Awesome! Glad you could get it on video too. I wish they'd till the fields I have found LC's in. I have several fields to hunt this fall that get tilled, but unfortunately I have to drive an hour to get to them.:coffee2:

WOW! Those are some great looking coins! Congrats..............Hogge

Wow, thats nice stuff right there!

The condition of the coins coming out of that field is outstanding. Those are two excellent looking coppers - congrats! Hope you can get all of them before the field is planted. :)

Looks like a stellar day to me! Congrats man!

Thanks guys, this field is something else. it is the same one that I dug the 1793 Liberty Cap out of last spring.

it was the site of a meeting house from the 1790s to 1860 or so.

each time the farmer tills the field it gives up even more.

LC's are few and far between here in TN. We are a bit younger as a state than you ole Yankees. Have only found a few here in many years. Those would have required an underwear change mid field for me. Congrats my friend on some awesome saves.:laughing7:

You are near the meeting house stable area should be more large coppers .

Dig every little faint beep for silver awaits you :laughing7:

??? are you familar with the area near Rev. War Capt Andrew Billings home ?

Last edited:
Great coins and a wonderful place to hunt. Take very good care of that farmer so you can hunt there as long as you want.

Awesome eyeball find! Love those CT's as well.

Congrats nice coin and button haul!

You must be the pied piper of coins, they're jumping out of the soil to follow you home, nice of you to give them a ride!

Outstanding array of oldness. I was feeling good about finding a shield nickel on the surface last week, but seeing your LC put me in my place. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back