180? Draped Bust Large cent.

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
My buddies and I had to drive around a bit today to get permission to hunt. We finally got permssion at a field that my friends have hunted alot in past years. The farmer had just planted wheat seed and said it was ok to hunt it today because once it's sprouts we're done for hunting there. Within the first five minutes I got the draped bust cent. Needless to say we were pretty excited, but in the back of my mind I was thinking kiss of death. Only other real keeper for me was a flat button with a full shank. Only one other coin was found a 1933 wheatie. Stayed almost 3 hours. As we detected our way back to the car a policeman pulled up. Turns out he's a relic hunter himself. We had a nice chat and exchanged emails and may be getting together to hunt soon. It was a welcomed change to getting berated about being on private property when we always have permission anyway.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 366
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 368
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 374
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 368
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0
Nice Draped Bust. You may be able to narrow down the ID by counting the leaves on the back.

Its a shame the ground makes them deteriorate like that, isn't it... But any way you cut it that's a great find!! Congrats! :hello2: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back