18+ Wheat Pennies Before Hitting Paydirt

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went detecting day before yesterday and found 7 wheat pennies, but no silver. That's a strange feeling for me, especially being at good sites and working my butt off! Today I found 11 wheat pennies before scoring a Mercury dime near the base of a pecan tree. What a relief!

As I was finishing up covering the yard that I was detecting, the next door neighbor came out to see why his dog was barking so much. I walk over to the chain link fence and made friends with the dog and owner. The owner asked me what I was doing and I told him. Then said, would I like to do his yard? Of course I said yes. He was a young kid getting a government paid college education because he had been recruited by the Air Force to be a pilot. I could tell that he was a really smart kid and had a bright future ahead of him.

Anyhow, I didn't do so well in his yard either, but I did manage to find a Rosie dime, a few wheat pennies (13 out of both yards) and some clad coins. My luck is bound to change for the better here soon. I just have to keep swinging away.

On my way home I spotted a clean-up crew cleaning out a 1940's home. I stopped and talked with them and found out that it was a bank repo and the company that they worked for were being paid to fix it up for the bank. The head guy didn't see any problem with me detecting it so I'll likely be hitting it tomorrow or the next day. It a large corner lot on a hill and they've got the grass cut short and all the leaves raked. It's going to be super easy to detect, except for the slope, but I always find good stuff on sloping yards!

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    622.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    546.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    633.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    508.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    500.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 17
Slope = Sledding + Kids x Holes in pockets. 😁

Nice finds, good luck with the new permission.

Congratulations on the nice coins! :occasion14:

Good luck with the new spot...hope you get many silvers!

You're doing fine, Tabman. I've got 15 wheats and only one silver for the year, a 44d merc that was down in frost and I hit it with the lesche. (grrr)

Nice! On Saturday I was working a house and got 14 Wheats before finding a Rosie so I know feeling. You know you're in the right spot but just not lucking into them. Way to stick with it

Thanks Everyone! The new good looking site that I thought was going to be great turned out to be a dud, but I found another not so good lucking site and scored.

tabman

Very nice silvers and wheats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back