psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 & 19 May 2005 - Finds

Here are the finds of the last two days! This is the 3rd cap gun I've found. I got another ring, some more wheat's and some older Canadians. The clads are really starting to add up. The button is small and the back reads "Rich Orange" does anyone have an idea of the age and last but no least the Brass Item upper right corner any thoughts on this item...................

Attachments

• 18 & 19 May 2005 - Finds.jpg
    18 & 19 May 2005 - Finds.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0
Re: 18 & 19 May 2005 - Finds

Awesome find! Love that gun, I would be VERY excited to find that...even if it is a cap gun!

very nice assortment there! WTG!

Looks like you had an excellent day! Great assortment of finds. Cool lookin gun!!

HH 8) surfrat

Looks like it could be a crank handle for something.

Nice finds psgen,

love those old cap guns!

HH

Lonewolfe

I think your mystery item is a tent rope tightner that was used during the civil war period. Do not qoute me on it, but that looks like the others I have seen.

Mike (Big Mo)

Very Nice finds PsGen, The Cap gun is great and the ring is a real plus. I believe the tent tightner is is correct. The wheats are good. Signs of more silver around the corner for you. Thanks for posting. Great pics. HH

Civil War tent tightener is definitely a more exciting prospect. I hope that's what it turns out to be. My first thought was a pan handle with the large hole to hang from a nail.

Re: 18 & 19 May 2005 - Finds - Updates

Thanks for the help Everyone......Without a doubt..........tent rope tightener is most likely correct. Newer than Civil War era though. probably WW II. The area I found it in was supposed to have had a WW II training encampment. Dates on coins and other relics and such found at this site more than likely confirms it's presents. Based upon the website listed below this could be a major find........I don't know...... I'll post a pic of items found at this site. tonight

http://www.statemuseum.arizona.edu/exhibits/blm_vignettes/nog_camp_culture.shtml

Psgen,

Nice finds. I love how you arrange and label you pictures. They look great!

Excellent hunting....I like your whatzit.......I am to wondering what it may be ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back