17th RING, 2 KEYS AND WIFE SAYS MY GLOVES NEED TO GO!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the wife says that my gloves are too shot to use, guess I m too cheap to go buy a new pair right now, heck I found this pair after some 4 wheelers came through. I think that they got another month in them... well, unless I find another pair or some really cheap are on sale. LOL. my 17th ring is a copper or brass man's ring that was once plated. it looked terrible so I used electrolysis on it and now it looks a whole lot nicer. found the small tube of mentholatum vaporizing rub, the 2 keys, a 40 caliber lead bullet, the heavy brass or bronze button, parts of a handle of sorts, a lttlle bit of chain that tested positive for gold, a piece of ornate aluminum plate and over $4 in clad. missing from the pic is a necklace with the name Brianna on the plate... not sure if the over zealous or jealous wife lost or misplaced it when she was throwing the trash into the trash can. Dug the usual ton of pull rings/tabs/foil/cans/wire/erasers/and shredded cans. I am now nearly pain free from the abscessed tooth, the antibiotics are doing their thing and hopefully the tooth will be history by Wed. I know that the brass button can't be that old, not like those posted all the time but it was fairly deep and kind of cool in my eyes. Thanks for looking View attachment 1033305
View attachment 1033307
View attachment 1033308
View attachment 1033306

Upvote 7
Hey dirtlooter!! Dang Cowboy!! PM me your address and I will send you a new pair-Don't want your fingers to get Abscessed!! He He!!

see, we have the best people on this site! but I am not the only one with holey gloves out there, just a tightwad is all!

great_find.gif
Nice finds! Hey, put those gloves on EBay. :) Thanks for sharing...

sweet digs!, those gloves are roached though lol.

Ive used the same gloves at just about every hunt ive gone on
this year and think theyre my "good luck charm"

they're like old jeans, just getting good and comfortable and start falling apart on you! LOL

nothing wrong with those gloves a little duct tape could not fix.

Gloves? We ain't got no gloves. We don't need no gloves. I don't have to show you any stinkin' gloves!"

Sorry about my wry sense of humor...

I was glad I had gloves the other day when I dug two old medical needles. After digging a razor sharp broad head I started wearing my Kevlar gloves to hunt with. Scared me seeing that stuff come out of the hole. I know I'm a big wuss :-)

the broken glass tends to tear up the finger tips of the gloves instead of my fingers... dug up a broken razor once, it woke me up. a little mel brooks there FreebirdTim? maybe blazing saddles? LOL

a little mel brooks there FreebirdTim? maybe blazing saddles?

You guys disappoint me! That was a take off on a quote from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Look like the gloves I just retired . I don't like my new ones nearly as much , think im gonna dumster dive for my old pair . I like them so much better even though they are toasted . Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with those gloves, lotsa life left in em. Your like a gopher, digging all those holes !!!

Nice finds DL. Congrats. GL&HH.

got the new gloves yesterday, going to take a little while to get them broke in but the wife is happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back