Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a lead to an old cellar which I spent a few hours looking for and came up with nothing. Decided to hit a spot I've known about for a while now and never really spent any time there. Few odds and ends some old buttons and a shoe buckle. Last year I didn't find any shoe buckles broken or complete and this year I have 8. Woo hoo. Laughing. Then I got a nice high tone on the at pro and I pulled this copper. Kinda dirty but first thought was a KG. when I got home and gave it a peroxide bath I noticed it looked like 1787 Nova eborac. So not sure if that's a counterfeit or what? It's pretty toasted and my phone camera sucks but I think you'll be able to see some detail. Also grabbed a nice round ball drop and the rosette. Havnt been able to able to get out much lately but it felt great being out today. Thanks for looking.

image-1831335037.jpg

image-2545307725.jpg

image-3848333571.jpg

image-1051897485.jpg

image-721360296.jpg

Upvote 3
great rare find there! I don't know much about these coins but based on the pictures I have looked at it certainly looks like an eborac.

Never even heard of that coin till now and have never seen one posted here....seated left, hard to tell which head size. Stellar find my friend! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the nice New York copper. Don't see those every day.

Never even heard of that coin till now and have never seen one posted here....seated left, hard to tell which head size. Stellar find my friend! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I believe it's a large head

Congrats on the copper.
and WOW 8 shoe buckles.... that's wild. I only want one, my first.

neat coin with an interesting history. congrats!

Thanks everyone. When I seen eborac I had no idea what it was. Pretty cool this is my second ny copper.
Don, thanks for the link. Some nice detail on that one. Nice to see a different variety. Mine has a bit more detail just can't seem to get it with the camera. If I can ill try to getter pics tomorrow.

Some nice digs there Greylock! I am still looking for a NY copper.

If Mike got a banner spot with that NY copper there's no reason yours shouldn't be up there too. Yours still has a lot of detail left in the patina -- I'll give you the banner nod! :)

Good 1 Tom!!! NY coppers are rare to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back