Attachments

• DSCF0200.JPG
    DSCF0200.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,470
  • DSCF0201.JPG
    DSCF0201.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,174
Upvote 0
It looks like it could be either way. Your best bet is to take it to a coin shop and see what they say. Good luck.

I'd say , "Thats the second original example of this coin, ol' Buddy, ol' Chum, ol' Pal of mine... ;D".
Either way, thats a great find!!!, cool history lesson.

That is a cool link Buckram, thanks. I also came across a newspaper article about a college student that found one of these on a campus somewhere in the northeast but it doesn't mention if it were authentic or not. Also noticed a few of these on Ebay, being advertised as the real deal, HA! Hard to believe that only one original exists, it must be priceless.

I should clarify how I obtained this coin. I didn't buy it outright at the yard sale, it was at the bottom of an old Victrola that I bought. I laid the Victrola down in the bed of my pickup (a big no-no) and when I set it back up, I heard something rattling around. I thought that I had broke a piece of it so I took these two little panels out and there it was along with some spare needles and a 1903 78 RPM record. Must of been a hiding place or something.

I must really have a discovery here! This coin is up to $113!!!!! :o I'm gonna kick myself very hard if I'm giving something away...

Oh man!! I hope you had it looked at before putting it up. HH

Oh I didn't. If it's the real deal it's only worth about $40,000...no big deal.........

Who am I kidding now?! I'm gonna be sick........

If it turns out to be real, we're all going to come down with symptoms here. HH

Wheres it at? Maybe i'll buy it, just on the off chance it's real.

My father has this same coin... he was told by someone a long time ago that it was a pinetree shilling. Ours has 1776 on it and says liberty and virtue, on the other side it has some kind of a tree, and says; massachusset ts state on it. If you have any info let me know, we'd like to know if its worth anything. Is there really only one left?

Attachments

• Dads coin1.JPG
    Dads coin1.JPG
    3.3 KB · Views: 824
  • Dads coin#2.JPG
    Dads coin#2.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 796
If it is real u dont have to sell it, just take the item off and say you misrepresented it, It happens all the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back