1775 George 111 on Virgin Site

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I followed a trail of breadcrumbs into the forest and came across another virgin house site. First crack at it give me some interesting trinkets. It starts with a 1775 George 111 (or contemporary counterfeit) and ends with an 1860 Indian head. Civil War staff officers buttons, thimbles, tools, and dated ornate buckles tell another part of the story. Today I decided to dig and take home some iron. One piece of iron is a very sad, sad iron but I will conserve it and give it a happy home. The big question is, what was so valuable that they needed two big padlocks?
loyd.jpg
loyd1.jpg
loyd2.jpg
loyd3.jpg
loyd4.jpg
loyd6.jpg

Upvote 18
Nice going on the recoveries.
2 lock reason-one the hasp broke-so it was replaced-then misplaced. :dontknow:
Liking the looks of the site

So I followed a trail of breadcrumbs into the forest and came across another virgin house site. First crack at it give me some interesting trinkets. It starts with a 1775 George 111 (or contemporary counterfeit) and ends with an 1860 Indian head. Civil War staff officers buttons, thimbles, tools, and dated ornate buckles tell another part of the story. Today I decided to dig and take home some iron. One piece of iron is a very sad, sad iron but I will conserve it and give it a happy home. The big question is, what was so valuable that they needed two big padlocks?View attachment 2117106View attachment 2117108View attachment 2117110View attachment 2117115View attachment 2117116View attachment 2117121
Very Nice!!!! 1700’s!!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back