1735 King George II Halfpence, Adult Thimble, 3 Buttons, Chess Pawn

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out of work early today so I put in four hours of detecting. On and off light rain in the quiet woods was quite enjoyable.

After finding somewhere around 10 small children's thimbles over the past 5 years, I am happy to have finally found an adult-sized one.

I feel confident that if I pass my Manticore coil over any coin up to 10" deep, I will most likely find it. The sens set to 28 is working perfectly in the woods free from EMI. Battery life is only about 6 hours so sometimes on a long day I break out the Power-Nox battery module.

Attachments

• 20240926_175837.jpg
    20240926_175837.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 17
Got out of work early today so I put in four hours of detecting. On and off light rain in the quiet woods was quite enjoyable.

After finding somewhere around 10 small children's thimbles over the past 5 years, I am happy to have finally found an adult-sized one.

I feel confident that if I pass my Manticore coil over any coin up to 10" deep, I will most likely find it. The sens set to 28 is working perfectly in the woods free from EMI. Battery life is only about 6 hours so sometimes on a long day I break out the Power-Nox battery module.
great saves all around and very nice copper, wtg

I've found a few KG IIs but none in as nice condition as yours. I wonder how the back is. A first adult thimble is a good find.
You have a great site!

Love the KG! Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back