1700 home site finds old coin and relics ID HELP please

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friend found this stuff at a 1700 home site can some ID the coin and relics ..I think the coin is late 1700 its has the rider on the back ..I will ask for a pic of the back of the coin if it helps ..but I cant tell from the profile on the front of the coin what date it is ....if you know what any of the other stuff is pleas let me know .. I know that the lead is a musket ball lol and I think the spoon is 1600 ...but want to know what you all think ..thanks for looking :hello2:

IMG_20140715_134148_088.jpgIMG_20140714_135438_384.jpgIMG_20140715_124635_931.jpgIMG_20140715_124621_122.jpg

Upvote 7
spoon is a piece from a trifid/trefid spoon - yes circa mid-late 1600s
I'd hammer that spot again

Man oh man you got an old site. I'd hunker down because you could really find something like a Mass shilling there. I mean there is a real good shot at something super there.

Need to see back of coin. What do you mean by "rider"? Britania?? By obverse it appears as though "Georgivs" is on the right hand side. Can't find an example like that.

The coin is a 1690's William III halfpenny, Great find! the trifid spoon is also great! GL HH

Looks like you found a SWEET spot. And you get to hunt it with a buddy. What could be better than that? :thumbsup:

Yup Scottso nailed it 1695-1701 William III .....That spoon frag rocks too :thumbsup:

thank you ! very interesting :occasion14:

Very nice recoveries, go back, NOW!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Need to see back of coin. What do you mean by "rider"? Britania?? By obverse it appears as though "Georgivs" is on the right hand side. Can't find an example like that.
Woops.....sorry. Forgot about "Ole Willie":laughing9: Had it in my mind...."Gorgeous George":laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back