AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine in Serbia found these 4 coins yesterday and I'm trying to ID them for him, I haven't as yet done that much research due to a heavy work load and not much free time, so I thought I would post them here to see if anyone could help with an ID on any of them, At this time I don't have the size or weight of the coins, but I will update when I get the that info from him, the graft paper my help but I don't know the scale of the paper, but since it's in Europe I would assume it's metric, but maybe close to 1/4", but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help.

index.php

index.php

What an awesome find, wish we had that deep history under our feet here!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bottom coin:
YEAR 1597 - Ag
Obverse. Bust of Sigismund III Vasa. The split rim inscription at the top of the crown: SIG III DGR. - Polonia MDL
REVERSE: Number III, under which are the coats of arms of Polish, Lithuanian and Vasa, and the following inscription in three lines: GROS.ARG / TR.R.POLO /. NI.-97
At the bottom of the shield with the arms of the third line dividing Lewart string. After the sides of the letters I-F.
Possibly Olkusz Mint.
Don.......

Upvote 0
I did find out that the graft paper is 5mm squares, which is .197", so the Taler should be around 40mm, he will measure them when he gets home, thanks again!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back