VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally had some time to get out and decided to go back to my favorite site. This Seneca village had a population of around 2500. I have found some really great stuff there. They where know for melting trade items into jewelry and figures. This is probably unique but I have never seen something as crazy as this. I've seen figures that were holed and worn on a necklace but this thing stands on its own. Could this be some kind of a toy made for a little one? Seems to be made from melted iron. How in the world would you make this in a camp fire? I've nick named him "Pepe Le Pew". Any help would be great, thanks. My buds got this coming out of the ground on his go pro . :laughing7:

Attachments

• A465 - 20180602_205108.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 78
  • A466 - 20180602_205253.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 73
That's funny my buddy said the same thing:laughing7:

Upvote 0
I'm with French poodle also, however getting melted iron to go where you want it to is quite the trick.

Upvote 0
My dad just looked at the picks and said it looks like a beaver. WOW!!! That would explain the flat ears and flat tail!! maybe ?

Upvote 0
I don't know what the hell that is but feel free to take me with you next time. I live in Topsham VT lol

Upvote 0
I wish it was made of silver like a lot of them were. Vermont your not to far:occasion14:

Upvote 0
No on the beaver. I had a pair at my house two years ago. Heads are very small and the tails much larger. I got a picture of the beaver with the trail camera - at least a picture of his tongue. He licked it.

Upvote 0
There were miniature iron dogs produced, mostly by the Hubley Company. I'm not saying that is what you have but it does resemble a dog.

Upvote 0
Cast iron melts and pours at 2,100°F. Most Seneca villages lacked that technology until after the railroads passed them by.

I would go with it being a component of something (trigger throttle for an old mower or some suck) before an effigy.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back