Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this thread is mostly for dug items but I've searched all over the web for some info on this recent pewter acquisition and so far can't track down the maker or time of making.

I know you folks have made some amazing ID's here in the past so I couldn't resist posting this cup here to see if I can get any information about it.

I figure it was designed after Peter Paul Rubens famous painting. That much is simple. By what I'd like to know is the century this particular piece was made and hopefully who put these out.

If nothing else maybe you'll appreciate the artwork.

I like old pewter and this piece is old. The patina doesn't show well in the pictures.

Marked "RUBENS 1618"

Size: 4 1/2 inches tall & 3 inches wide

Thanks much.

Badger

Attachments

• pewter1.jpg
    pewter1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 294
  • pewter2.jpg
    pewter2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 316
La Beep said:
Treasure is treasure no matter where it is found.

That's the way I see it but a lot of people don't. To many Treasurenet means dug only. Well, they'll allow for an eyeballed LC ;D

There was a day when one could make pretty decent finds on ebay and local thrift shops but those days are nearing their end. Almost everyone checks out their stuff today.

I'm always hunting for the unusual and extremely different. I guess this cup fits that description. ;D

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back