14k opal ring

lindak

Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my parents just moved and I found this ring and wanted to know if any one knew anything about it. 20130820_191630.jpg20130820_193758.jpg20130820_191316.jpg

I can't see any of your pictures. Try reposting them.
Welcome to the board..

Upvote 0
Also you may not get any responses cause you're in the wrong area. Try posting on the today's finds thread

Upvote 0
the full on view makes it look like an Australian black opal,,,cooper pedy or lightning ridge....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i don't think synthetic opals were around in the 1930's....

Upvote 0
I can see at least one of them now. Maybe it's my phone. It's super pretty. It does look synthetic but maybe it's just the picture

Upvote 0
It is marked 1/30 14k so it is not real 14k. That means it is 1/30 14k gold-filled or costume jewelry.

The opal is likely not real but it's hard to tell from the photo.

Upvote 0
i don't think synthetic opals were around in the 1930's....

There were an abundance of early attempts to imitate opals. We've got dozens of deco era pieces in stock with faux opals. Usually glass impregnated with foils. It would be somewhat unusual to encounter an opal that size in anything but solid precious metal.

Upvote 0
There were an abundance of early attempts to imitate opals. We've got dozens of deco era pieces in stock with faux opals. Usually glass impregnated with foils. It would be somewhat unusual to encounter an opal that size in anything but solid precious metal.

yes of course but "synthetic" stones are not "imitation" stones. Synthetic stones are "real" but man-made.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back