13 Aug. 2005 - Finds

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some finds for today. I very excited about the Heel Plate...... Amber Glass....... and Pewter Cap.? My research has shown that a War of 1812 encampment was close to the area in which I am searching. Although the archaeologist moved in to the area before I could get to it and are currently working the area in which the encampment is believed to have been. These finds help prove that there was at least movement through that area..... ;D

??? Med. bottle: Has the #'s 073 or D73 within a diamond on the bottom of the bottle... no other markings seen

The Pewter Cap: Is threaded inside ..... 13 mm in diameter ...... it has scalloped edges on top and the initials A.D.S. in the center of the cap...... It not much bigger than a cap for an ointment tube....... ???? does anyone know what it might have been........ I was thinking perhaps a cap for a personal flask or something like that..................... Any information or help would be great appreciated......

Any information on heel plates out there................. ???

Anyways hope you all enjoy these finds...
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?psgen

Attachments

• 13 Aug 2005 - finds.jpg
    13 Aug 2005 - finds.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
Great start, keep in mind what we are looking for is not likely to be right in the archaeologists site. Could be 1000's of feet away from the archaeologist dig site. Think big, large weapons caches with gold bars and some ammo with dynamite.

Great finds,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Great Finds! The heel plate could be from the early 1800's up to the civil war... I think the heart shape was for the army but i could be wrong. Is the "amber glass" sun-colored amythyst? If it is then its from the 1800's. how far up the bottle does the seam go up? If it goes up all the way to the very top of the bottle chances are its modern, If the bottle is sun-colored amythyst then it 1800's. The diamond marking could be Illinois Glassworks form the early 1900's. As for the other stuff i have no idea, except the whatsit thingy you have on the top right looks very old :)

The whatisit looks like it may be a bracket for a grab bar. Imagine it screwed into the wall of a carriage or early automobile with the back against the wood and two screws and a brass or iron bar running through the hole on the tongue. Now imagine several of these and a very long brass bar and Viola! You have a decorative (if somewhat weak) grab bar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back