12/18/09 hunt. My freinds find. Awesome button

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
This is my freinds find, he dosent post his finds cause he is not computer savy.My freind and I got out yesterday afternoon to the patch of woods where some goodies have come out lately. I got skunked and my freind thought he did also " only one flat button, I will see if I can get a back mark off it" he told me. He called me this morning all pumped and told me to come over. I am amazed at the condition and am very happy it has seen the light after a long sleep in the dirt. I asked him if I could post it and he said sure go ahead. He cleaned it with 0000 steel wool. Is this post revolutionary war? I think it might be war of 1812. I just thought everyone would enjoy seeing this button.
Marty

Attachments

• IMG_1500 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1500 (Medium).JPG
    81 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_1501 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1501 (Medium).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_1500 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1500 (Medium).JPG
    81 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1501 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1501 (Medium).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 745
Upvote 0
that's pretty nice old button!

you might mention to your buddy that's there are many better ways of cleaning relic finds than a steel wool scrub, he is one lucky guy!

Super button in super condition, Albert's R4 4th Regiment, cool find, I think without a doubt War of 1812 era.

Don

Your button is an Infantry Officer's button, listed as R4A in Albert's Record of American Uniform and Historical Buttons.

Don, ya beat me to the punch. :tongue3:

Just by a nano second, just happened to have Albert's book out after looking up one of mine for a post.

Very nice Early 1800s Infantry button congrats :wink:

That button is killer. Its great condition is icing on the cake.

I agree with Ironhorse, there are much better ways of cleaning than the one he used. Consult Buckleboy's button cleaning post for more information.

wow that is a nice button. Tell your friend to never use steel wool on a button. Like other people said read Buckleboys post.

Don't see too many of those numbered Regt. buttons posted. Nice one for sure. :thumbsup:

Thats a freakin awesome button for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back