10.2.05 Finds

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Greetings Everyone.?

Very nice to see some pleasant morning and evenings here in SW Missouri.? So pleasant, my hunting partners and I went detecting Sunday evening and we actually did ok.? We had the very lucky tsgman with us, so we new he would at least find something of value (and he did).? We started out in an old part of Springfield, MO where construction crews uncovered a parking lot.? The location was great, but the dirt was not.? Although, my father (ashdigger) did find a 1900 Indian Head and tsgman found a couple of wheaties I walked away with a hunk of lead and a brass fitting.? Too much fill dirt and junk.

On to spot number two.? This was an recently escavated homesite in Springfield.? It was one of those spots where you could dig new stuff all day long.? Myself, I found a handful of new stuff, some wheaties, a brass key and an old car wash token.? Ashdigger found a sterling silver mans ring with possible diamonds in it and new stuff and tsgman won the oldest coin of the day award (which means he buys the gas.........kidding tsgman) with an 1896 Indian Head and it was in great shape.? He also found lots of new and some wheaties.?

Funny story of the day, ashdigger (being the nice guy he is) was letting tsgman borrow his DFX because tsgman broke his XLT and its at Whites.? So ashdigger was using my old Garrett GTA 500.? It found the ring and the Indian Head.? If you are familiar with the GTA 500 you will know its one tone and maybe 5 or 6 inches depth.? But its always has been a coin and ring finding machine.? So moral of the storyl, it doesnt take a $1,000 machine to find good stuff.? Oh and one other thing.? You will notice the shirt and pants that tsgman is wearing.? He always wears that outfit when he goes hunting.? Maybe I need a lucky outfit.? I do wish he would wash it though.? Good luck to all.

Chris is SW MO!

Attachments

• three dudes.jpg
    three dudes.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 327
  • 10.2.05 finds.jpg
    10.2.05 finds.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 10.2.05 close.jpg
    10.2.05 close.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0
Very nice picture! Great to see you all! Looks like you had a great time!

Congrats on your finds!!

Nana ;)

Chris, You always say I'm lucky, but you know it's really skill. And by the way I always wear my lucky detecting pants and shirt !

You could at least wash them or you are going to start riding in the back of the truck. ha ha buddy. Had a good day with you.

Sounds like fun. Good picture of the three of you.
An indian head in decent shape is a great find.

So moral of the storyl, it doesnt take a $1,000 machine to find good stuff.

Yeah! See, being nice pays off. :) Last week my son and I went out. I let him have the DFX and I took the Classic III(no VDI readout). Turns out I found the Mercury dime(only silver for the day).

Bob

Very nice finds. Are you guys by chance a part of the Ozark Mtn. MD club? Just curious. When I go to the Springfield I usually bring my MD and search somewhere. Preferably the old part of town. WTG guys.

Ozark Mountain Metal Detecting Club. Yes we are all club members. Third Thursday of every month. You should come sometime. Its at the Library on South Campbell. Just outside of town.

Springfield is ok, but its been hit a lot over the years.

Take care!
Chris from SW MO

Nice work guys and hey don't knock lucky hunting outfits.? Don't even think of washing the luck out of them! I have a lucky blue prospecting shirt and just today I got blood on it!? My new dog bit me!? I bit him back too.? I don't see how anyone could eat dog, they taste awful!? JIM aka KS

Sounds like you had a good time, and the finds aren't bad at all. Good hunting, good finds, and good friends - doesn't get better than that. HH!

The big coin is a copper car wash token. Only company markings is RYKO.

Nothing at all on the back.

Chris

Chris,
What a lucky guy. My dad passed away several years ago and my son thinks MD'ing is silly. Having a family member and a friend to spend some quality time with sounds awesome. Enjoy every minute of these days. HH to you guys.
grizzly bare

Great digs guys, WTG!!!
You all look as motley as my crew,( my hunting partners And I...) ;D Just fun'n with ya...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back