10-19-12 & 10-20-12 Finds, Cool trade token.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all:hello: Been detecting a old neighborhood in Akron, Ohio the last 2 days. There are about 10 lots and abandoned houses in a 10 block area. Google mapped the area, used the street level view and it showed the houses still there:house: but when you do a overhead view it showed the lots. I was able to see where the houses were and the yards around the houses. Anyway I cleaned up on clad the last 2 days:tchest: and also found a cool trade token from 1909 from a local grocer here in Akron. Did a little research and found his grave site in Akron. His name was C.E. Ackerman. Haven't found out anything about his store yet but am still looking. Seen one of his tokens on Ebay I think it sold for $6.99 back in June 2011. I found all this clad and the token less then a inch in the ground. Some pennies were laying on top of the ground. The trade token was in a pocket spill under some trees. I think a little kid was playing there with his piggybank. Also this evening a older friend of mine needed me to help her clean out a room in her basement where she keeps old tenant's belongings when they move out a apt she rents out. I seen a old cigar box and opened it up and found this 1896 IH penny and a Goodyear service pin 1/20th 10k gold. Here's some pics of my finds. HH

Attachments

• 10-19-12 & 10-20-12 finds..jpg
    10-19-12 & 10-20-12 finds..jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 105
  • C.E Akerman ingle system token back.jpg
    C.E Akerman ingle system token back.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 101
  • C.E. Akerman ingle system token front.jpg
    C.E. Akerman ingle system token front.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Goodyear service pin 1-20th 10K.jpg
    Goodyear service pin 1-20th 10K.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 1896 Indianhead front.jpg
    1896 Indianhead front.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 1896 Indianhead rear.jpg
    1896 Indianhead rear.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 6
:icon_thumleft:nice haul of coins and like your token,,HH:hello:

Cool tokens and awesome Indian head

Goodyear pin cool and so are the box finds. Keep it up on the lots, more there for sure! Congrats

WTG Kam......research pays off

Thanks for the comments everybody. Mackaydon I spent a few hours looking for Mr Ackerman online. Found his grave memorial also. I also looked up the token on Richards token site. Seen one listed and sold on ebay last june I think for $6.99. But all in all cool token. The Goodyear pin and IH penny just had to move out some boxes for a friend. Good thing she isn't into the hobby, she just gave me those after I asked. Will try and get out sometime this week. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back