Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks, I haven't been out detecting much since moving from the Raleigh area to the NC mountains last year. I miss my old CW relic stomping grounds. Trying to get back into the swing of things so I started hitting some older homes in town. Been to three so far with not much to show for it. I think someone sucked up all the silver here before me too? :icon_scratch:

Today I hit this 1920's house and found a few things. My very first signal was a beautiful old sash buckle in the side yard. I am guessing it's Victorian era, but please let me know if you know otherwise.
On the other side of the house I dug a signal and about soiled myself. I saw an oval green patina item in the hole and thought for sure it was an old CW buckle. Now I don't know what it is. :dontknow: It has gold gilt still on both sides. Perhaps a base for something?
Other finds were a toe tap, tie tack (?), round whatsit, and about eight 1930's & 40's wheat pennies.

Not a great hunt, but it was good to get out again.
If anyone knows of any vigin CW spots in the NC mountains let me know. LOL :tongue3:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 5
Cool finds, :icon_thumright:

Always interesting to find Victorian Era Items!

Way to go Jack Wagon!! You better practice if you are coming to Tennessee to hunt with the Trio this fall. Like that buckle. Is a "vigin" spot a place where people don't eat meat-LOL? HH, Q.

Hey MM, I think you mystery item is part of a 'base' to an Art Deco statue. I'm glad you were able to get out and MD. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather to do the same thing.
:)
Breezie

Way to go Jack Wagon!! You better practice if you are coming to Tennessee to hunt with the Trio this fall. Like that buckle. Is a "vigin" spot a place where people don't eat meat-LOL? HH, Q.

Looking forward to it Q. I'm sure if you get Dman and me together it will be nonstop laughs. Bet you are looking forward to that. :tongue3:
-DUHg-

Thanks Breezie. I was thinking a base too. Might have been a golden statue of Quindy at one time. :laughing7:
The skeeters and gnats tore me up today.
-MM-

Cool hunt.i like the plate with the face on it..

Way to go. Looking forward to you coming to Tennessee and showing Vol1266-X how to use a detector.LOL

Nice looking sash buckle! I think that site still has some very good potential. :thumbsup:

Way to go. Looking forward to you coming to Tennessee and showing Vol1266-X how to use a detector.LOL
LMAO! We won't have all day to teach that old coot how to use a detector, but maybe we can let him dig the targets for use. Does he know which is the business end of a shovel? :laughing7: Should be a blast!
-Doug2-

jest what the North Carolina mountain folk need , :icon_scratch:

another wild turkey :laughing7:

Looking forward to it Q. I'm sure if you get Dman and me together it will be nonstop laughs. Bet you are looking forward to that. :tongue3:
-DUHg-

You three better shape up before you come to the wedding. :D

Nice to see a post from you, DUHd. I thought you'd DIEd. Yeah, Quindy and Dman will put you through the paces, and you don't wanna get schooled by the likes of them. Knowing Dman he will Never let you live that down. :D I really like the sash buckle. You'll find your niche eventually there. Just research, and think, and experiment with different types of sites. You will find the spots that no one has ever hit. Just a matter of time.

P.S.--since all the Civil War soldiers ate meat, I can say that there are officially no "virgin" sites left to dig. :laughing7:

-BUHk

Nice finds.. Any time you get time to swing your detector is a good day.. Thanks for sharing..

You three better shape up before you come to the wedding. :D

Nice to see a post from you, DUHd. I thought you'd DIEd. Yeah, Quindy and Dman will put you through the paces, and you don't wanna get schooled by the likes of them. Knowing Dman he will Never let you live that down. :D I really like the sash buckle. You'll find your niche eventually there. Just research, and think, and experiment with different types of sites. You will find the spots that no one has ever hit. Just a matter of time.

P.S.--since all the Civil War soldiers ate meat, I can say that there are officially no "virgin" sites left to dig. :laughing7:

-BUHk

We can't wait for that Kentucky wedding. We will wear our best Kentucky duds. Quindy will even wear his full set of teeth. :laughing7:
Thanks Will.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
We can't wait for that Kentucky wedding. We will wear our best Kentucky duds. Quindy will even wear his full set of teeth. :laughing7:
Thanks Will.

I didn't know Quindy owned a full set of teeth. :D I'll be on the lookout for Hayseed Henry, Billy Bumpkin, and Toothless Tom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back