Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:
Went back to a camp i've been digging out for about 5 years now in Stafford,Virginia. This camp was used by the Army Of The Potomac for months in the winter. We have dug well over 300 relics here but most of that was about 5 years ago when we hit the camp hard and dug out several good huts and a trash pit. Here is two video clips from the camp I took today 1st one is just showing the huts, the 2nd video is me trying to dig and find another hut. Videos shows some ash and glass and a short demo on how to dig them out.

Thanks and hope everyone finds what they are looking for! :occasion14: :occasion14:

p.s. 80% of the huts have been filled back in, we dont leave huge holes in the woods most of the time :cat: Also sorry for the 2nd video being not the best quality for some reason everytime we take video down in this camp the cameras act up...:dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Nice videos. Enjoyed em.

Well Dan The Man! If you ever make it up too Stafford/Fredericksburg area and wanna come back in this camp with me and dig some out or even just do some free roaming you're more than welcome too with me... This area the camp is in is about 400 acres of woods which was heavily used during the war. :occasion14:

Man sure would love to find me a hut like that.Congrats buddy.

Looks like a great site. Hut digging is my favorite kind of relic hunting. There is nothing like early glass.
Evan

GREAT insight HUT!!!! I bet there are a BLAST.. THANX.. HH

Pretty cool!
I am sure that wasnt left trash at 1:54?

You mean the hardee's cup?? :laughing9: But the rock and glass is what I dug out of the hut site, Think i dug about 15 of those type rocks in the huts itself, the rock is pretty flat so hard to say what they were using those rocks for, the rocks almost look like brick/reddish color if you wash it up. The glass came outta the hut, broke a bottle in two digging it up. Just the way it goes more of less. :leprechaun-hat:

You mean the hardee's cup?? :laughing9: But the rock and glass is what I dug out of the hut site, Think i dug about 15 of those type rocks in the huts itself, the rock is pretty flat so hard to say what they were using those rocks for, the rocks almost look like brick/reddish color if you wash it up. The glass came outta the hut, broke a bottle in two digging it up. Just the way it goes more of less. :leprechaun-hat:

:tongue3: yea the Hardee's cup :thumbsup:

Cool--nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

In response to your quote- "Also sorry for the 2nd video being not the best quality for some reason everytime we take video down in this camp the cameras act up.."

Maybe the area is haunted.......

BTW, do you GPS the hut locations? It would a interesting to map them out and get some idea of what it looked like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back