• zobutton 005.JPG
    zobutton 005.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 507
  • zobutton 001.JPG
    zobutton 001.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0
Nice button, liking the patina on it. :icon_thumright:

I wish we could shake this myth that every common ball or globe button is a Zouave. They are a common Civilian button find in the UK, we have no CW connection over here. Sorry to be a pain, but the internet can grow this myth or correct it, its down to us. Either way is an early button & a nice addition to the collection. :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER said:
I wish we could shake this myth that every common ball or globe button is a Zouave. They are a common Civilian button find in the UK, we have no CW connection over here. Sorry to be a pain, but the internet can grow this myth or correct it, its down to us. Either way is an early button & a nice addition to the collection. :icon_thumright:
Maybe, but given the area we were in could be civil war era.

teak said:
CRUSADER said:
Maybe, but given the area we were in could be civil war era.
I'm not say its definitely not one, trying to open minds to a more likely possibility. These are a common Civilian find in the US at many places with no CW connection. Even when found on a CW site it doesn't mean its not Civilian. IMO its safer to describe it as a Ball/Globe Button which its commonly called in all the books I own on Buttons & if you wish to say its possibly Zauave then fine (difficult to prove). I know I might be seen to be going over the top on this one, but those are the facts. Its facts that we all need to stick with, so as to be seen as credable in our hobby. After all your not trying to sell it on ebay :wink:

Re: If you decide to sell on Ebay, let me have first dibs!

VB Sanddigger said:
I found about 100 this year, & don't keep any. How much would you buy a button like this for? Maybe I should sell mine :-\

CRUSADER said:
VB Sanddigger said:
I found about 100 this year, & don't keep any. How much would you buy a button like this for? Maybe I should sell mine :-\
You can have mine :)

SS

Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
VB Sanddigger said:

SS

not the cold garage again :D

CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
VB Sanddigger said:

SS

not the cold garage again :D
Yep....and you can sort them out :laughing9:

Very nice buttons, no matter what kind they are.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back