My bird band certificate came yesterday....

The Sanddigger

Nov 15, 2012
Tidewater VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Garrett AT Pro
Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    875.5 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 9
That's Neat! Thanks for sharing!

I never thought about finding bird bands. Glad you found & reported it.

Well I guess it did learn to fly! Nice piece to add to your collection. Now if I find one of those bands I will know what it is, thanks!

I am jealous, my buddy found one from a Snowy Egret a couple years back and received a certificate. I was so excited to also find one a few months ago, but when I looked mine up, well, it was a racing pigeon. I was hoping for an Eagle or something, anyway nice find and thanks for sharing.

Glad you reported it. Love pelicans! So ungainly and awkward looking, but in the air they are truly graceful.

I have caught Striped Bass with tags in them, very similar tagging program. I got a certificate and a hat. Calling in your band helps in there program, good that you turned in one that might not of been found. Cool find.

That is really neat. Thanks for showing. Pelicans are cool birds. They have it made really. Hang out around the coast....do a little flying....eat fresh sea food everyday. Not a bad life. Always did envy those pelicans.

Wow, never knew they did such a thing. Can't wait to find a bird band. Birds are kewl.

HH
Mariposagold.

That is so cool!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I live close to Sebastian, Florida and we have Pelican Island here. It's a National Wildlife Refuge that was created in the early 1900's to protect egrets and other plumed birds from extinction due to plume hunting. We have tons of all kinds of pelicans in the area and they are actually pretty cool to watch!

Great find! I put a greenwing teal band on my keychain...it was too small to fit around my duck call lanyard. Just an idea...you were lucky to find a band old enough to get a certificate, they stopped sending certificates two years ago so any modern bands you find will only get a email.

Nice! I live 30 min. from Carteret County. In fact, I was born there! Cool find, Congrats :icon_thumright:

Ina, you'll have to refresh my memory on the steps needed to get one of those certificates. I'd like to pursue that process with the bird band I found last year. Thanks.

Great find! I put a greenwing teal band on my keychain...it was too small to fit around my duck call lanyard. Just an idea...you were lucky to find a band old enough to get a certificate, they stopped sending certificates two years ago so any modern bands you find will only get a email.

It was an email with the certificate attached. I copied it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back