• Awlmost1.jpg
    Awlmost1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Awlmost2.jpg
    Awlmost2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice T those are beauties!!!..........................GTP(Chris)

Very Nice collection of awl's. Your last two photo's; Is that some type of leather-working tool?

dennis,
the last piece looks like it could have been a tool used in pottery shaping or possibly processing porcupine quills
they are fairly common here
most are broke, some have one round end and one pointed end, most have both ends rounded

Beautiful finds my friend.:icon_thumleft:

dennis,
the last piece looks like it could have been a tool used in pottery shaping or possibly processing porcupine quills
they are fairly common here
most are broke, some have one round end and one pointed end, most have both ends rounded

Yes, it was likely this type of tool but it was found where awl the others were found. I was thinking it may also have been a broken awl -

Very Nice collection of awl's. Your last two photo's; Is that some type of leather-working tool?

Are you sure that it wasn't used as a tongue depressor by the local medicine man? :laughing9:

It is interesting they seem concentrated in that area. Nice awl's.

Yes I think it's interesting too. We do find awls in different areas here and there but very seldom do you find even a couple in the same general area.

Thanks

T Witko said:
I stopped by an area Monday evening where since June 2011 I've found a bunch of bone awls. It's approximately a 6' x 6' area that just seems to grow them. This one is #17 and awlmost #18w
Awl these from "AwlMart".

Can you tell me where my local "AwlMart" is?;-) nice finds

T Witko said:
Sure, it's two blocks west of the intersection of Scraperville and Scraper City. :)

You have a better map than mine! I'm on the look out . When I find that intersection, I won't be on the computer much. Say what you need to now, I'm on my way! ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back