Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiosity, how many of you Sovereign GT (or any Sovereign) owners still have your machine deployed for regular duty in the treasure fields today? Or how many have somewhat retired it with the fear of something going wrong and not being able to replace or repair?
My own GT has been sidelined a couple of years or more (due to my using another machine predominately) but will be placed back in duty this winter. Just found and bought a new 8" Tornado coil last week.

Good question. My GT is still used on the beach almost every time I go. I watched a Sovereign GT video where the guy goes through the notching and he turned it up to notch out aluminum and you could still hear the gold ring he was running past the coil. Great detector.

I guess very few still being used any longer. Understandable, due to it no longer being in production and seemed to always be a machine that was either absolutely loved or absolutely hated. Plus the technology and target info supplied by the newer Minelabs is so impressive. They are still great machines though that can hold their own with any of them if time is taken to learn it's language.

Still have mine and gets regular use.

Would like to buy one

Still have mine and gets regular use.

My Sovereign finds from this month.

Aug gold.jpg

I still use mine regularly when land searching..I have an Older Sovereign XS with SunRay meter 8 & 10 inch coil..Still find a good amount of deep coins w/it..Found these while searching same area w 2 other friends ..using Etrac & CTX & I outsilvered them..

Attachments

• IMG_5028.JPG
    IMG_5028.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5029.JPG
    IMG_5029.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Nice amount of the silver , do you get a high tone for dimes---- I surely do on my Safari--- found twenty-one dimes two days ago. It loves dimes to sing in my ear. HH

I have an XS and an Elite that are used regularly, the Elite being my main go to detector 98% of the time. I love them and don't want them to ever die... BBS forever! I did get one of those new things that all the cool kids are using these days but haven't taken it out of the box yet, I'm just not ready.:sad10:

I sold mine and have regretted it ever since. I have the etrac, 3030, ATS pro and an Explorere II....I miss my GT and would trade the Explorere II for one in a heart beat. So if you have one excess to your needs or don't use it anymore, let me know. Please...

I sold mine and have regretted it ever since. I have the etrac, 3030, ATS pro and an Explorere II....I miss my GT and would trade the Explorere II for one in a heart beat. So if you have one excess to your needs or don't use it anymore, let me know. Please...

I have a Sovereign GT for sale PM me.

Keith

I love my Sovereign... use it all the time.!! I also have the Minelab XT18000.!! Three separate frequencies,6.4. 20. And 64 .. yep, it does very well on Gold.!!

Picked up a GT last August mint condition for $300.00 he bought it just before the Excalibur came out. With the Excalibur being waterproof he got one of those and let the Gt sit.

I detect very slow compared to others, looking for the very deep stuff and love the GT. I have a CTX and Excalibur II along with the Gt, all my detectors see regular usage or I get rid of what I do not use.

this is the only detector i use, like the iron null sound

I've got a GT coming in the post. I'm going to be in the dog house again.:laughing7:

Iā€™ve been using and learning the equinox 800 all summer on 200+ acres of virgin ground which , letā€™s just say held many items of value and historical significance. The main thing Iā€™ve learned is that machine will never totally replace my Sovereign. No way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back