Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
her First Song

What Good Can Drinkin' Do - 1962 Young Janis Joplin​

Done at a friends house in December 1962 its first song Janis ever recorded. Early Janis Joplin showing off a different side of her voice. Record Collector cites her intro to the song: Up steps a feisty young woman, one month short of her twentieth birthday. "Uh, this is a song called 'What Good Can Drinkin' Do', that I wrote one night after drinkin' myself into a stupor..."

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty much our whole record collection.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much our whole record collection.
8 track collection for me :laughing7:

I had well over a hundred stolen from my car in the late 70's early 80's too long to remember numbers :tongue3:
after re-buying all except the bootlegs, I eventually switched to cd's about the time discs were invented. now I have None.
left my tapes and albums at my house when I moved in the Apartment and
Now use you Tube :coffee2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 track collection for me :laughing7:

I had well over a hundred stolen from my car in the late 70's early 80's too long to remember numbers :tongue3:
after re-buying all except the bootlegs, I eventually switched to cd's about the time discs were invented. now I have None.
left my tapes and albums at my house when I moved in the Apartment and
Now use you Tube :coffee2:
use LiveOne formerly Slacker Radio and I stream my music. I pay for the premium witch allows me to make as many play lists as I want and save albums too. Right now currently have 97 play lists and 54 albums saved, all are classic rock from 60s-80s as well as any new music by AC/DC and Scorpions

Right now it is $2.99 a month if you pay for year's subscription.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got an iPod that is loaded. If it was ever good its in there. One hit wonders, you name it. Technology is a blessing but it can be a curse as well. Like anything I suppose. 🤣

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these days my computer is on jazz
here

I Do wish they had a Larger Play list, But I Eat, drink, Read & Sleep with this in the Backround.
Only Pause when something on tv , here, or my brain makes me Remember something from my rock years Then I pop on YouTube

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bring me back? Not sure I wanna go back...
moose.gif

Summer of '75, and I'm driving a Dodge pickup with an all steel dash, am radio, a 318 v8 with side pipes, chrome wheels..and a 4-Track tape player with a speaker in each door. Had two tapes ..a Frankie Valli and Jimi Hendrix.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring me back? Not sure I wanna go back... View attachment 2146788

Summer of '75, and I'm driving a Dodge pickup with an all steel dash, am radio, a 318 v8 with side pipes, chrome wheels..and a 4-Track tape player with a speaker in each door. Had two tapes ..a Frankie Valli and Jimi Hendrix.

My dad put a 4 track tape deck in his 67 Bonneville. The three tapes I remember he had was that of Trini Lopez, Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison and Al Hirt

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dad was an electrical engineer for General Electric. I dropped out of college in ‘73 and he got me a grunt job at GE. I had a ‘65 Mustang and he fixed me up with a good sound system in my car. I had cassettes which were fairly new at the time. My dad had a cassette recorder and I could borrow my buddies albums and dad would record them on cassettes. Needless to say, I was a popular guy on Eldorado St. back in the 70s.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In 1956, I bought this '78' record of "Honky Tonk" by Bill Doggett. At one point I played it for an hour, flipping from Side One to Side Two, over and over again--to the total dislike from my parents.
The break between Side One and Side Two occurs (without a break) at the 3 minute mark.
Don in SoCal

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
My dad wouldn’t let me buy any of that “long-haired hippy music” when I was a kid. I have a lot of Johnny Cash albums. Dad was into Sinatra and the crooners, so I have those albums too.
But my 45s are good stuff. I guess the artist names didn’t bother him as much as the album covers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions