2013 was SMASHING !

I've had a few of those perfect storm type detecting years and for various reasons can't see it happening again.... so enjoy it while it lasts!

Having another coin year like that will be a lot to live up to, but I can see you doing better on old military at some point.

"perfect storm" I like that, and it was much like that. Sure there were some bad days, maybe a half dozen, but most days it just came together. A couple of days in particular sure were. At least a couple of those hot spots will be revisited.

Rick I hope we are blessed with great weather this spring and summer, we deserve it after the horrible start to winter. I've never seen it as cold and icy as it's been so far. -47 wind chill where my father lives on Moosehead Lake. Hope things are better for you guys but I'm sure you're getting it as well. I've been researching like crazy and can't wait to get on some of the early 17th century islands I've located. Gonna be a great 2014 for all of us buddy. Stay warm and I hope this year you find that one amazing item that makes your entire year great

A phenomenal year, Rick. :notworthy: You put in the long hours and research and it shows. I can't imagine finding such a pile of coppers. (ok, maybe I can :laughing7:) I'm sure 2014 has some more surprises waiting for you. Keep digging!

HH

Sweet year Rick:headbang:

The Snake buckle is my favorite relic find of yours..

Blaze

WOW! What a year! That is very impressive. Truly incredible finds Rick. I hope 2014 brings the banner finds towards your coil. Great post!

amazing yr, congrats

Fantastic year Rick, definitely one to remember! But you have it well documented, so you can always go back and reflect on it when you're too old to dig anymore.....wait, you still have plenty of good digging left in you! Here's to 2013, may 2014 be even better!!

In your last picture I found two of the items before but don't know what they are? Bottom right corner of the picture and it's the second and third things up.

In your last picture I found two of the items before but don't know what they are? Bottom right corner of the picture and it's the second and third things up.

All three of Rick's pieces go together. They are called ramrod pipes/thimbles and held the ramrod in place under a musket.

All three of Rick's pieces go together. They are called ramrod pipes/thimbles and held the ramrod in place under a musket.
Nice. I kept them but wasn't sure if I would ever find out what the were. Cool thanks! (:

Those are some enviable finds! Keep it up, you're on a roll!

It's been fun watching your the quality and quantity of what you're finding skyrocket.

Happy 2014,

Buck

In-friggin-believable! That was a great year bud.

Best of luck in 2016 brother!

OKAY NOW SHOWTIME IS OVER SO YOU CAN SEND MY COLLECTION BACK . I WISH IT WAS MINE . SWEET FINDS IN THAT COLLAGE OF RELICS .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back