Year end finds (well, since I started 10/15/09)

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty pleased with my finds since I bought my MXT in October '09....

The first pic is of all the clad I have found, along with the jewelry (good and junk), excluding the large gold band, a 10k heart locket, a small 10k charm, and (hopefully) 24" 14k chain that were sent off to ARA the middle of December, and the nice watch I found and posted on, but never provided pic..
The second pic is of all of the garbage that I also dug... About 35 lbs of the stuff... Now I can finally throw it away. It is amazing really, when you think that every little piece was dug one at a time..

Clad numbers as follows:

Quarters- 245
Dimes- 441
Nickels- 188
Pennies- 1003

Total= $124.78

Only found one pre-64 dime and 4 Wheaties (no key dates)...

Hope 2010 will be as fruitful for me as the last 2 1/2 months of 2009 were..

Thanks for looking, and HH and Happy New Year to ALL of you!!

SS

Attachments

• 2009 finds 1a.jpg
    2009 finds 1a.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 420
  • 2009 Finds 2.jpg
    2009 Finds 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 411
  • 2009 finds3.jpg
    2009 finds3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 2009 finds jewelry.jpg
    2009 finds jewelry.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 405

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul there!, especially for only 2 1/2 months, congrats on some great finds! :thumbsup:

S

seger98

Those are some great totals for such a short time, can't wait to see what you find this year.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow WOW WOW.........you dug all that is 2 1/2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes4ever said:
wow WOW WOW.........you dug all that is 2 1/2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!
He heh.... It definitely shows my obsessive/compulsive side, thats for sure... I used the Sprite can to try to have an idea of the size of the pile, it doesnt do it justice. The center of that pile is 11" deep... My wife wanted me to count all the pieces, but after counting almost 3,000 coins, I simply didnt want to expend that kind of energy on junk... Would be interesting to see exactly how many pieces of junk to coin ratio I dug... Still have the pile (in a 5 gal bucket), maybe I will give it a go...

BTW, I stopped at this Bar (tavern) that I have been driving by a couple times a week, wanting to ask permission to MD there, and the old coot that owns it said "Absolutely, knock yourself out"....
The thing is, it is kind of a Snowbird "biker" bar, and they have bonfires out in back every weekend, and the grass area around the pit is HUGE, and always crowded.. I can only imagine (and hope) how much clad/jewelry gets dropped/lost when people get rowdy and drunk around a fire pit.. Area is probably 100' in length and a good 60' in width.. All medium length grass.. I was going to wait until sunday, but I will probably hit it in the early AM... report will follow...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread