pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK my Deus 1 doesn't recognize my loop. It's the same loop that came with the machine. It was working fine then all of a sudden it doesn't recognize it. I thought the battery was bad so I replaced it. It still won't recognize the coil. I'm running version 6.0. Any idea what the problem could be?
Did you try re-pairing it once again.
I entered a number wrong once.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I would do. Re-pair it. When battery was changed it was conceivable that it lost its memory. I had to do that once.

OP
OP
A

Aafjack

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2024
That's what I would do. Re-pair it. When battery was changed it was conceivable that it lost its memory. I had to do that once.
This may sound dumb but how do you re-pair it? Oh, it didn't recognize the coil before I changed the battery. I thought the reason it didn't recognize it was the battery.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the Deus I manual anymore. You can look on youtube. for something like "pairing coil on XP Deus I" I just looked there are several videos up on it. Try using the one from XPDEUS itself. It's a matter of finding the right screen and entering the serial number ON the coil into the control unit.

OP
OP
A

Aafjack

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2024
I don't have the Deus I manual anymore. You can look on youtube. for something like "pairing coil on XP Deus I" I just looked there are several videos up on it. Try using the one from XPDEUS itself. It's a matter of finding the right screen and entering the serial number ON the coil into the control unit.
I don't mean to keep replying to you only but I don't know what I'm doing on this forum. How to I amend my original post? OK, I tried re-pairing the coil. No luck, it still flashes no coil on the remote. I even deleted all the coil entries and re-entered the coil number. Nothing. I read online that is you let the coil battery go completely dead it screws it up. Maybe that's what happened I don't know for sure. Anyway it's driving me crazy and I would like to get it fixed so I can use it before everything leafs out and the bugs are a problem.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure everything is fully charged. Make absolutely sure the correct coil serial # is entered. I never had a Deus break on me, so the next thing to do would be call the XP Deus service folks or a reputable dealer.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure everything is fully charged. Make absolutely sure the correct coil serial # is entered. I never had a Deus break on me, so the next thing to do would be call the XP Deus service folks or a reputable dealer.

I would also make sure all the components have the same firmware updates.

OP
OP
A

Aafjack

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2024
OK my Deus 1 doesn't recognize my loop. It's the same loop that came with the machine. It was working fine then all of a sudden it doesn't recognize it. I thought the battery was bad so I replaced it. It still won't recognize the coil. I'm running version 6.0. Any idea what the problem could be?
OK I'm going to post an update in case anyone else runs into this problem. I tried reloading version 6 but problem still persisted. I loaded version 5.21 and after a few seconds it recognized the coil! I'm going to try loading version 6 and see if it still recognizes my coil. I'll let you know how that goes but for now I'm happy ver. 5.21 found my coil and my Deus is no longer a door stop.

OP
OP
A

Aafjack

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2024
OK I'm going to post an update in case anyone else runs into this problem. I tried reloading version 6 but problem still persisted. I loaded version 5.21 and after a few seconds it recognized the coil! I'm going to try loading version 6 and see if it still recognizes my coil. I'll let you know how that goes but for now I'm happy ver. 5.21 found my coil and my Deus is no longer a door stop.
Since I got 5.21 to recognize my coil I thought I'd try and load version 6 and see if that fixed the problem finding the coil. It didn't work, version 6 still can't find my coil. I went back to version 5.21 and it found the coil right away. I don't understand why version 6 was working and all of a sudden it couldn't find the coil. I guess I'm stuck using ver. 5.21 until I upgrade my coil but at least I can use my machine.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since I got 5.21 to recognize my coil I thought I'd try and load version 6 and see if that fixed the problem finding the coil. It didn't work, version 6 still can't find my coil. I went back to version 5.21 and it found the coil right away. I don't understand why version 6 was working and all of a sudden it couldn't find the coil. I guess I'm stuck using ver. 5.21 until I upgrade my coil but at least I can use my machine.
I looked on the Deus site and read this.

• Only 2018 and newer DEUS are compatible with V6.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the DEUS I and II but when I got the DEUS I, it started to drop the coil (elliptical coil) without warning Eventually when I couldn't get it to work I had to return it, they just ended up replacing the coil. Mine was still under the two year warranty.
That was 3 years ago and I've never had any other problems with it connecting up.
I've had the DEUS II for a couple of years and have not had a problem with it.

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you re-pair it
COIL has a serial number on it, I think you need to make sure the light on the coil is "BLINKING" this is normal because the coil is always on, then go into your settings on the DEUS to ADD a coil, that's where you type in the coil serial number and if it's all good, the machine will link up. IT can only link up with one coil at a time, so if you have multiple coils you have to add them like that, once added they are listed in the coils screen and you highlight the one you want to use, and it will link up with the serial number selected.. (at one time I had 3 coils)

OP
OP
A

Aafjack

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2024
I looked on the Deus site and read this.

• Only 2018 and newer DEUS are compatible with V6.
That's really strange because when version 6 first came out I upgraded to it and everything worked. I used it for a long time until recently. I have not been out for several months and charged up my coil, headphones and remote. That's when I started having the no coil problem.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean to keep replying to you only but I don't know what I'm doing on this forum. How to I amend my original post? OK, I tried re-pairing the coil. No luck, it still flashes no coil on the remote. I even deleted all the coil entries and re-entered the coil number. Nothing. I read online that is you let the coil battery go completely dead it screws it up. Maybe that's what happened I don't know for sure. Anyway it's driving me crazy and I would like to get it fixed so I can use it before everything leafs out and the bugs are a problem.
Have you tried calling Deus Repair. Maybe the tech there can help ya

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried calling Deus Repair. Maybe the tech there can help ya
Just so you know, or anyone here, ... the Elliptical Coil does NOT have an internal battery, its attached to a cable that is threaded up the shaft, all others are inside the coil itself.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus repair 817-498-7100 ask for Mo !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread