Which metal detector is the best???

joseramon

Greenie
May 6, 2006
I bought a Bounty Hunter detector 5 years ago. It was my first metal detector, the"Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker".
I bought another metal detector, because the fast tracker was old any I heard that the new ones were infinitely better. It is the Treasure Hunter 3030, you can look at it here: http://www.treasurehunteronline.com/

Its the worst metal detector ever created, but as I am going to sell it, I would like people to recommend me a good proffesional detector, as Im now interested in looking for objects much deeper in the ground and would like the detector to be accurate...

My first detector has survived and is still working. Im proud of it, but will like to know which are the best marks in metal detectors.
I have 120 pounds to spend.
Thanks

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
this is kind of an unanwerable question! there are many many good detectors available, but to say which is the best will depend on what type of hunting you will plan to do ( jewelry,relics,coins) where you will want to hunt (the beach, on dry land) your budget,and your personal preferances. all i can really do is mention some reputable dealers and some good models to check out. the rest you will have to determine for yourself which one would be best. here are some of the top of the line models;
Minelab- Explorer II www.minelab.com
Whites- DFX www.whiteselectronics.com
Garrett-GTI 2500 www.garrett.com
Fisher-Coinstrike www.fisherlab.com
Tesoro- Cortez www.tesoro.com

these are mainly coonshooting detectors and again the most expensive top of the line models. there are a ton of excellent lower line models available from all of these companies. i would check out thier websites. good luck picking a machine. it can be tough with all of the choices out there!

OP
OP
J

joseramon

Greenie
May 6, 2006
I would like a sensitive metal detector for dry land search. I would like to hunt for relics or jewlery. Whatever comes out :). But Also espect the detector to find little gold nugets or small things that for example cant be detected with a Bounty Hunter because of its limited depth search. I think a Bounty Hunter cant find objects a metre or so deep. ;)

This is a photo of all the important objects Ive found with my bounty hunter. ( I found them because they were not to deep).
Regards

Attachments

• HPIM0410.JPG
    HPIM0410.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,226

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joseramon said:
I bought a Bounty Hunter detector 5 years ago. It was my first metal detector, the"Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker".
I bought another metal detector, because the fast tracker was old any I heard that the new ones were infinitely better. It is the Treasure Hunter 3030, you can look at it here: http://www.treasurehunteronline.com/

Its the worst metal detector ever created, but as I am going to sell it, I would like people to recommend me a good proffesional detector, as Im now interested in looking for objects much deeper in the ground and would like the detector to be accurate...

My first detector has survived and is still working. Im proud of it, but will like to know which are the best marks in metal detectors.
I have 120 pounds to spend.
Thanks
First you need more money.If all you have is 120 pounds then I would sell the BH. and get a little more cash together.You would not be upgrading from the Fast Tracker in the price range you suggested.Also,you won't find a detector that can pick up a single coin at a meter in depth ,unless it is in a big metal box.Hope this helps.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reread your post.You're not mistaking the BH.Discovery 3300 with the Treasure Hunter 3030 that you purchased are you? The way it's worded you sound like you're talking about a BH. product.

Z

ZumbroKid

Why upgrade it looks like you're out hunting most of the members here. ;) You can get extra depth with the machine you have with a shovel.

OP
OP
J

joseramon

Greenie
May 6, 2006
No sorry. I know. The detector I bought after the bounty hutner is the one that doesnt work properly. Its the Treasure Hunter 3030. You can find it in this link: www.treasurehunteronline.com
I certainly wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

L

LEO037

The Discovery 3300 is a Great Metal detector.
When used in the beach, it gets you 10+ Inches easily.
I don't know about any other Bounty Hunters.
All I know, that for $230 with tax and all, I got a great deal.

I have used it around 7 times, I have already found hundreds of coins in clad already.
The best deal is clearly the BH Discovery 3300 or the Garrett Ace 250.
That is money well spent

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
You need to get about 10 more pounds that will give you enough for the ACE250.Or save another 20 pounds and get the Cibola,or better yet,contact one of the sponsors/dealers on this site and arrange a lay-away plan with them,where you pay them something each month or week and when it's paid for,you then get it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LEO037 said:
The Discovery 3300 is a Great Metal detector.
When used in the beach, it gets you 10+ Inches easily.
I don't know about any other Bounty Hunters.
All I know, that for $230 with tax and all, I got a great deal.

I have used it around 7 times, I have already found hundreds of coins in clad already.
The best deal is clearly the BH Discovery 3300 or the Garrett Ace 250.
That is money well spent
The discovery 3300 is now available for 111.00 from Radio Shack for a short time.Just call in advance and give them the catalog number of-63-3018.Supplies are getting limited in my area.This is better explained here;http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,38838.0.html

R

RENE

What about the Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX Metal Detector

It costs $98.88, it would be a good one for a first starter

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What about the Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX Metal Detector

RENE said:
It costs $98.88, it would be a good one for a first starter
Your right,that's what the BH Pioneer EX does cost..I didn't paticularly like the fact that it doesn't have a plug for headphones though.It was my first detector.It was okay.Not as good as the BH Lonestar,my 2nd detector.The BH Discovery 3300 seems to have a whole lot more features and functions for an extra 12 bucks at the moment.It is the same unit sold by Kellyco called the TITAN 3000,which sells for 399.00.I bought one last night,haven't used it yet though.It has been getting pretty good reviews.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread