OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course if someone chases ya off the Springtown site, you can be polite and head out going north into Powell County to the site of Reynolds City. Several trails to take to get there. Post some pictures if you brought your camera Reynolds City.jpg , should be a cemetery and an old mine. Whos knows what else could remain?

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Once you get done at Reynolds City you can head out to Top O'Deep. This was another old mining camp there has to be something left worth seeing. Top O Deep.jpg There will be more to add to this region as I come across items of interest while preparing my next book release.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enticing info. Id be tempted to go explorering.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
In the book I'm working on I am up to the train robberies near Bearmouth, should be able to post up something for the region on it.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
With two train robberies at Bearmouth, the June 1904 robbery has potential of recovery of portions of the loot still being found. Some sources say it consisted of cash, silver, securities, and diamonds. Fifty thousand dollars’ worth of securities, cash, and diamonds have been recovered, which had formed part of the loot of the Bearmouth train robbers. John Christie, arrested in Hope, N.D., guided Special Agent McFetridge to the place where the cache was made, eight miles below the scene of the robbery, and on the same side of the river.
The securities filled a flour sack, in which they had been thrown into the willows, 20 feet from the river bank. Three miles further up the hill, he led the officers to where $170 in silver and bills had been cached under a stone. One package of money had been torn in two and thrown away as worthless.
One hundred and five small diamonds were found where the package containing them had been torn in two by the robbers and spilled in the sand. Two of the drafts aggregated $40,000. train robbery.jpg Map Caption: The train stopped short of Bradman and there the safe was blown. The boat was used to cross to the north side of the river and the two thieves got on their horses and rode off from there. The mention of a canyon where the horses were kept fits the area of Mulkey Gulch and Garden Gulch.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Having proofed thru the up coming book, it is amazing how much we found. The first train robbery was pulled off by a single robber. He killed one of the train crew and only got some mail pouches. Years later a prospector finds where the mail was rifled. It turns out he had a partner for the second robbery in the region.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions