🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Stone artifact?

Maybmeteor

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2023
IMG_5495.png

IMG_5495.png

I found this a while back in my garden and am just curious if there are any ideas?? It looks almost as though it is part of a small stone bowl or something??? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_5498.png
    IMG_5498.png
    502.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5497.png
    IMG_5497.png
    486.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5496.png
    IMG_5496.png
    494.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5495.png
    IMG_5495.png
    503.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post in focus pictures of all sides, videos are not really good for looking at possible stone artifacts, you can't blow them up to look for signs of being worked.

From video I'm not seeing any signs of being worked by man, but can't really exam it in video, plus some members will not download video to view.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
M

Maybmeteor

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2023
Please post in focus pictures of all sides, videos are not really good for looking at possible stone artifacts, you can't blow them up to look for signs of being worked.

From video I'm not seeing any signs of being worked by man, but can't really exam it in video, plus some members will not download video to view.
Thank you I updated with photos.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks natural to me.....

Upvote 2
OP
OP
M

Maybmeteor

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2023
I agree, it looks natural.
To me it looks like a sedimentary stone, where a layer had eroded out, leaving the depression.
So the only thing that makes me question it is if you were to cut s small bowl in half the photo 5 shows a perfectly flat bottom and photos 3 and 4 show basically a bowl shape again so sorry my photos didn’t do it justice but there is literal almost lines on the outside nearly like rings. In person it looks like some strange miniature bowl that was cut in half.
I agree, it looks natural.
To me it looks like a sedimentary stone, where a layer had eroded out, leaving the depression.

Upvote 0

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
My impression is that this was a rounded cobble. Minerals were leached out of its outside area, changing the color. There is a dark boundary where the leachate is concentrated and then the brown center area which has not been leached. The cobble was then cracked open, revealing a cross section which revealed the leaching process results.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions