CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased an Axiom about ten days ago and took it out for a trial run in the NV desert. I read about the Bogenes settings on another forum. Low threshold and high sensitivity. This setting ran very quiet for me.

I settled on negative 7 threshold and 7 sensitivity or Lucky 7's.

I tried finding my own nugget patch working within a mile or so of claims but no luck for 1-1/2 days. I decided to stop at the Rye Patch placers on the way home. The placers have been hit hard but nobody gets it all. I'm digging all kinds of signals at Rye Patch. Mostly bullet fragments and bits of tin left from the old mining days. Walking back to the truck and just outside of a dense patch of tin cans I get a good signal.
I scratch the surface away and the signal gets better. At 4" or so I'm picking into some rocks. I pull out one of the rocks and stick the nose of the coil in the hole. Sound is hitting that almost overload signal. I pry out the next rock and check the hole again and the signal is gone. I swing over the rock and bingo. The target is there. I grab the rock and it's covered in clay. I use my fingers a pull a gob of the clay off. I run that over the coil and the target is in my hand. I drop the clay ball into my scoop and break it down feeling a chunk in there. I grab the little chunk and run over the coil. Bingo. Got it. I spit on it and see the yellow! My first nugget ever!

Attachments

• IMG_6014.jpeg
    IMG_6014.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6007.jpeg
    IMG_6007.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6006.jpeg
    IMG_6006.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 35

Top Member Reactions