Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, after swinging the Legend for 30+ hours, it has become way apparent that I am digging less trash. That FerroCheck meter is a big help. I initially dug all signals/targets to 'prove' its worth. Now I can swing with confidence, digging way less trash. I've got so much more to learn. I'm still in love with my Simplex (2v77 with SP24), but I'm feeling that the Legend will be 'king of the field' for me. I'm able to 'hunt' longer since my back isn't wasted on junk. I'm excited to try both machines on the beach someday as I have no experience beach hunting.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, after swinging the Legend for 30+ hours, it has become way apparent that I am digging less trash. That FerroCheck meter is a big help. I initially dug all signals/targets to 'prove' its worth. Now I can swing with confidence, digging way less trash. I've got so much more to learn. I'm still in love with my Simplex (2v77 with SP24), but I'm feeling that the Legend will be 'king of the field' for me. I'm able to 'hunt' longer since my back isn't wasted on junk. I'm excited to try both machines on the beach someday as I have no experience beach hunting.
Glad your back is getting a break. I cut my teeth on the Simplex but have similar initial results to yours with the Legend.

One big difference for me is the audio. The headphones are a huge improvement. Additionally, the ability to customize the tone pitch, tone breaks, tone loudness in different ranges has been a real game changer for me. I hunt a lot of trashy urban areas and with the Simplex, after a few hours, I would get noise fatigue. By then, all targets would sound "screechy". The new setup is such a big improvement. It feels like I'm having a lowkey conversation with the earth as I amble and swing.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indeed, those who doubt are missing the boat!

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my new Legend Pro Pack tonight. It already has the 1.05 update installed. I have a lot of reading to do and much to try to remember.
Charging the external battery and the light flashes red/green, I assume that when it is fully charged it will just stay green.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my new Legend Pro Pack tonight. It already has the 1.05 update installed. I have a lot of reading to do and much to try to remember.
Charging the external battery and the light flashes red/green, I assume that when it is fully charged it will just stay green.
you are correct Sir!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The FerroCheck meter is a cool feature for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread