Leg day at the beach 🏝️

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We cleaned up on the leg bone fossils last Monday. It was a perfect 50 degrees with a 20 mph wind to keep the mosquitoes at bay and hardly anyone all day. The tide was way out and we were finding these good sized fossils down on the cleared hard pan. It was our best day yet! I may or may not have done the fossil war dance when I found the biggest one lol!
I’m guessing bison for the large bone, not an expert with this being my only whole bone fossil. Not sure about the large fragment, maybe a scapula or antler socket?
C1888FE3-AB41-43B4-993F-2FF6517CDAA2.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
LandSeig

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are definitely fossilized, I find stuff on that beach all the time. These are a lot heavier and it’s easy to do a burn test them if you find a questionable one. They came from a beach that is known locally for having fossils and paleo artifacts wash up from off shore. There has been a lot of Clovis points found there too so I’m holding out for one of those. Here are some unfossilized and fossilized teeth I found as well as another bone fossil that my wife found a while back.
4D06C919-38DB-419A-8440-BBE1581BD3E0.jpeg
6BE1E6EE-D974-4B5D-B5A4-C805EE0CC495.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread